What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a big bowl. Pour in 2 cups of hot water. Chunk up a stick of butter, put in the bowl, and stir till it melts. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp salt, and stir. Add 1/2 cup cold water and 6 Tablespoons yeast. Let sit 5 minutes till yeast is soft. Add 3 cups of flour and mix. Add two eggs and mix. Add 3 more cups of flour and mix, then knead. Cover and let it rise a bit. Then add some grated cheese (I like sharp cheddar) and hot chili. I use the cooked chili's that we do up for the freezer every summer. You can use the canned chopped green chili peppers. Use as much cheese and chili as you like. Spray or grease a muffin pan. Make 2 inch balls out of the dough. You can add a little more flour if it's too sticky. Put 3 of the balls in each of the muffin cups. Let rise. Bake in a 350 oven for 15-17 minutes. I used the big muffin cup pan tonight and it made 16 of them. Just make the balls a little bigger or a little smaller depending on the size of your muffin tin. Right when they come out of the oven, brush the top with melted butter. You'll have to run a knife around the side to get them out. The cheese tends to stick.
I make plain ones for the kids. Can make cinnamon/sugar ones, too. But the green chili cheese rolls are a staple in this house.

Get a big bowl. Pour in 2 cups of hot water. Chunk up a stick of butter, put in the bowl, and stir till it melts. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp salt, and stir. Add 1/2 cup cold water and 6 Tablespoons yeast. Let sit 5 minutes till yeast is soft. Add 3 cups of flour and mix. Add two eggs and mix. Add 3 more cups of flour and mix, then knead. Cover and let it rise a bit. Then add some grated cheese (I like sharp cheddar) and hot chili. I use the cooked chili's that we do up for the freezer every summer. You can use the canned chopped green chili peppers. Use as much cheese and chili as you like. Spray or grease a muffin pan. Make 2 inch balls out of the dough. You can add a little more flour if it's too sticky. Put 3 of the balls in each of the muffin cups. Let rise. Bake in a 350 oven for 15-17 minutes. I used the big muffin cup pan tonight and it made 16 of them. Just make the balls a little bigger or a little smaller depending on the size of your muffin tin. Right when they come out of the oven, brush the top with melted butter. You'll have to run a knife around the side to get them out. The cheese tends to stick.
I make plain ones for the kids. Can make cinnamon/sugar ones, too. But the green chili cheese rolls are a staple in this house.
Thank you for sharing. These sound delicious!

If hubby does work a double today I'll have soup and sandwich but if he comes home I'll throw some popcorn shrimp in the oven and find something to go with them lol

15427689329571408397219.jpg
@VThillman we had pancakes and sausage and delicious maple syrup for dinner.

We had leftovers fro what I made yesterday.

A quick marinara sauce with loads of sautéed onions, sweet peppers, garlic,black olives and diced tomatoes with cavitavi pasta added to it. grated parmesan cheese and crusty italian bread to go with.
love that stuff

We're just having a regular supper here really.
spiral ham slices
au gratin potatoes
steamed broccoli
the only added differences are the crescent rolls lol

Turkey , cornbread dressing , broccoli casserole ,potato salad, mac&cheese , deviled eggs and rolls. For dessert we have red velvet cake , buttermilk spice cake , and pecan,oatmeal, sweet potato pies. I won't have to cook for a week or more .

Latest posts

Back