What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fried pork chops, threw in a can of mushroom soup, cut up the chops, and poured it on top of white rice.

One of my bachelor meat favorites.
But tonight is Omelet night as I said it would be.
26195418_1222572394510443_6195215199040117259_n.jpg

Four eggs, Mexican cheese, capers, green peppers, hot peppers, pepperoni and sugar ham. :)

My cholesterol is too high. I probably will.

Don't bet on it. High colesterol is actually good for the heart. Mine has been in the 400s when low and triglycirides are up there too. Yet all my statin taking low colestetrol friends and families have had heart attacks and so far I'm pushing on 70s back door and hearts still ticking on time ,it may go soon but so far it hasn't. I don't take any drugs but aspirin but if I read up and find out I need one I will.
If big pharma hasn't got rid of it the American Heart Ass. had a long article about how colesterol actually clears out the heart valves. No miracle drug to counter what we do to ourselves, like smoking cigs in my case.

Going to make Asian rice lettuce for dinner but due to lettuce shortage it will be mostly steamed cabbage. There is white rice, sugar baked ham, cabbage and lettuce, water chestnut, mushrooms, garlic and soy sauce. It will be spooned into tortilla style wraps. Should have the final result in an hour or so.

-So the wraps were good but I didn't need the tortilla wrap. It was better to just put it on a plate and eat it.

Last edited:
Ham is good but it’s not the same as BACON!!!

Thats true if you are getting it from a store. Brine and smoke your own and then ham becomes every bit as good as bacon as well. I call that stuff from the store anemic jelly rolls and water slices.

We are still eating 17 versions of turkey for dinner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back