What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish sticks done in the air fryer. I wish there were better instructions, but I am taking notes and learning. Todays are better than the last ones :)

Dademoss - When I got my air fryer (cuisinart TAO-60), frozen fish sticks were one of the first things I tried. They went from fish sticks to dog food in about 7 minutes.

One - heat tends to build up in an air fryer very differently than a conventional oven, much quicker and more intense.

The Cuisinart has several functions… air fryer, air bake, air broil, bake, broil, toast, warm.

I switched to mrs pauls, frozen fish fillets pkg of 10. A larger food item, better chance that at least part of it is edible. The conventional oven instructions are 22-24 minutes at 425 degrees…

If I want crunchy I set the dial to 380 degree for 4 minutes on air fryer.

I use a timer.

I open the door and remove the basket to turn the fillets over. I leave the door open to allow heat to escape while I’m turning them over.

I switch the function to regular “bake”, dial at 325 for the next 5 to 5:30 minutes, still using the timer. They are usually done to perfection at this point. I haven’t worked up the courage to try fish sticks again.

I also keep a Maglite next to the air fryer so I can really see the food as it cooks.

Tonight was a nice garden salad and a pulled pork sandwich.

I made lemon pepper wings in the air fryer and finally got to use my new fry daddy. I made french fries in it. The booklet said 14 to 16 minutes for fresh cut fries. They must have been referring to fat cut fries because mine were on the way to burning in 5 minutes. The oil temp was right. I have a oil thermometer and an auto laser thermometer. The oil came right up to 375 and leveled off with no noticeable over shoot. It dropped to around 340 when I put the fries in. The oil wasn't even back up to 375 when the fries were done.

fry daddy fries_v1.png

Grilled chicken Caesar salad. I felt creative. :)

I'm braising pork chops in a herb and garlic sauce in the crock pot. I plan on making au gratin potatoes and steamed broccoli

I've had a package of microwave popcorn on my kitchen counter for a month, still there. Instead my late night snacks have been watermelon (I grew and sold them at the farmers market for years ... I have a knack for finding the one good melon at the market. I can't describe to folks what I hear when I thump a melon... I just know when it sounds right!)

Also, spanish peanuts an pepperidge farms Chesapeake Dark chocolate pecan cookies. A late night sugar rush would keep most folks awake... puts me out like a light. :)

I had my Saturday morning fry up wrap in the air fryer minus the agony which is a good thing.

I got a large pork roast ready for the slow cooker I forgot to get sandwich meat when I went
shopping so it looks like it'll be slices cold roast pork that'll be left over. Sounds good to me.
I'll chop some up finely and add it to some fried rice I plan on making later in the week.
I'll even put some in a jaffle when my jaffle iron turns up.
I'm looking forward to toast!
BUGGER! I forgot to get bread. Looks like I'll be making bread as well.
Seems like my mind wasn't on the job when I went grocery shopping even though
I had a list.
*face palms* Senior moments?

Imitating Olive Garden....baked Macaroni with shrimp, but I'm having artificial crab meat added, mashed potatoes with white gravy loaded with chopped onion and mushrooms, Brussell sprouts & asparagus. Dessert will be apple cobbler topped with Swiss cheese.

Don't know.
But got whole chicken breast side down in pressure cooker/canner now.
With it is carrots, onion, peppers (red, green, yellow, orange), sliced white mushrooms, portabella mushrooms.
Seasonings: white pepper, black pepper, minced onions, minced garlic, lemon pepper, habernero pepper flakes
Making a good rich broth.
After debone chicken, part will be made into chicken and homemade noodles for several meals.
Later chicken salad stuffed into tomato for several lunches.
And a good portion of it will go into freezer for future meals.
Chicken and fried rice.
Chicken and dumplings
Chicken pot pies.
All home made.
Have to boil eggs tomorrow, to tired tonight.
Popcorn does sound good, but I don't have any.
Wait a minute, I got leftover Popcorn balls from Halloween up in the cabinet.
Chicken smells divine.

Latest posts

Back