What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I made a pork roast in the crockpot with herb and garlic seasonings on it. I plan on using whats left to make some stuffed peppers in the crockpot later this week

Today I'm baking some fish, fiesta rice and steamed broccoli

I baked a spice cake yesterday also so we have that for dessert if we want

Air Fryer Fried Chicken.

No flour, just seasoning (after rinsing, drying, and lightly spraying the chicken with cooking oil).

15 minutes at 400 degrees, then flip and 10-15 more (check with thermometer to be sure).

So delicious...

Air Fried Chicken.png

with steamed broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes, of course...

Have red beans and rice in the slow cooker and will make cornbread later, all for the guys. Making appetizers for Sunday School get together tonight--ham slice and fat free cream cheese with Italian dressing wrapped around banana peppers, cherry tomatoes and bell peepers with dip, and swiss cheese and a red grape on a cracker. Taking items that I can have!

Yesterday I made Brats ( simmered in beer and onions),buttered noodles and steamed cali mix veggies

Today I'm baking chicken breasts,au gratin potatoes and steamed broccoli

The roast beef was delicious.

Very very rich with gravy made from the pan juices and flavored with rosemary.
It has been so long since I've had beef roast I had forgotten how good it was.
I have enough pan juices left over to make soup and slice some up and freeze it for meals over the next few weeks.

I made stuffed sweet peppers yesterday in the crockpot so we'll be having leftovers

I made another lemon poke cake so we can have that for dessert if we want any.

2 sunny days in a row, temps in the mid 70's. So... I broke out my smokey joe, charcoal and some pecan wood... First grille of this year!

Yummy, I had pecan smoked burgers from the grille! If you have access to dry pecan... by all means, it's great with beef. For sweeter meats like pork or chicken I prefer a harsher smoke like hickory.

Apr burgers_v1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back