What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, made a stuffed pepper casserole for the guys, room mate made a kielbasa, onion, jalapeno, macaroni and cheese casserole for the guys. The guys are eating good! Today, I am having the last of my chicken stir fry for lunch and egg salad for dinner.

I have been picking strawberries...tried this recipe today...it is a winner...MMMMMMMmmmm

https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com...lHHh-zRSsM_6etm9yEWF2G9ID2a9tUjjr_-a8Va6Jpfaw

Servings: 16
Calories: 286kcal
Author: Julie Evink
Ingredients
  • 2 c. fresh strawberries crushed
  • 2 3 oz strawberry Jell-O
  • 3 c. miniature marshmallows
  • 18.25 oz. strawberry cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake mix
  • Cool Whip
Instructions
  • Take your two cups of strawberries and crush them with a fork. Pour into a greased 9x13 in cake pan. Sprinkle strawberry Jell-O over the top of the strawberries. Then sprinkle the marshmallows over the Jell-O.
  • Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour over the marshmallows.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then run a knife around the outside of the cake. Flip onto a serving tray. Refrigerate.
  • Serve with Cool Whip. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Yesterday I made chicken alfredo

Today is something with ground beef lol too early yet this morning

I made enchiladas and rice to go with them

Last edited:
Supper was fried catfish and baked beans... had an unusual lunch. I was in the little town, Pizza Hut has an all you can eat lunch buffet. Afterwards I got a hair cut. I'm pretty sure my barber didn't appreciate the 3rd slice of pizza I had, it was yummy, thin crust, pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms.

Supper was fried catfish, baked beans and sweet coleslaw from the good deli.

I only eat 2 meals a day, I only need about 1300 calories a day. Much more than that and I put on the pounds.

I usually make breakfast for lunch. The last few days... Last winter I found a box grater with holes the perfect size for making hashbrowns. I make them with salt, onion powder, garlic powder (today with fresh garlic). After the bottom is browned correctly (7 minutes) I flip it over, usually I'd added cilantro from a spice bottle which I really like. This week... I've been clipping a few fresh cilantro leaves from my plant on the porch... heaven! Fresh Cilantro adds a flavor and freshness that dried cilantro is a merely a pale shadow, and then there is white pepper!

I learned something new about potatoes a couple of weeks ago from a cooking show, Rachel Ray I think. White pepper and potatoes are soul mates! I've tried it on mashed potatoes, potato salad, hashbrowns and baked potatoes. I love fresh cracked black pepper, don't get me wrong, but there is something about white pepper and potatoes... match made in heaven! You folks have to try it! I'm going to order some white pepper corns off the net and start grinding my own. :)

I out did myself tonight! Stir fry, skirt steak and cabbage. I saw the skirt steak at the market Monday night. It was already sliced against the grain, a pack was only $5.12. I let it marinate most of the afternoon in Asian spices, garlic, toasted sesame oil and soy sauce. I cooked the skirt steak first, pored it out into a bowl. Then I cleaned the wok, heated back up and cooked the cabbage w/green onion and a little soy sauce. I added the skirt steak back in the last minute.

This was the best tasting meal I’ve cooked all year. I’ll be cooking this again. ;)

stirfry (5)_v1.jpg

Latest posts

Back