What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I'm making what is known as Appalachian Goulash.
Its a simple recipe. The original is just 3 ingredients: sausage,tomatoes and macaroni. thats it. brown the sausage, add the tomatoes and cooked macaroni. season to taste with salt and pepper.
When I make it I add onions and sweet peppers just to kick up the veggie count lol
Sometimes I'll add a can of pork and beans too
Today I'm making it with chipotle flavored sausage I got at the grocery store. We've never had it before

I tried something new I saw on a cooking show this week. I love hebrew national hotdogs wrapped in bacon. I almost never have one because it's almost impossible to get all the bacon crispy in a skillet.

Tonight I had deep fried hotdogs. All the bacon was crispy and the casing was just starting to bubble. Oil at 375, cook time about a minute and 20 seconds.

bacon dog (1)_v1.jpg

I made cheese steaks and oven fries yesterday
that hotdog does look good lol
snappy1 I found a free ebook years back about making meals with the muffin tin ( everything from appetizers to desserts)

We're having a cold supper today. I made some oven shrimp early this morning and have in the fridge. I'll be making some pasta salad here directly so it can get cold too

too nasty hot and humid here today

Latest posts

Back