What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm baking some chicken breasts, making buttered noodles and having canned peas to go with it all

Didn't plan on working past 2 today, but ended up there till 630 because of call ins. Husband had to drive the grandson to BoyScouts, and back (he waits in the truck) and won't be back till 8 or so, so I came home to Chinese takeout. Husband ordered it online and paid for it, grandkids ran in and grabbed it. They all ate earlier and left me some.

Mongolian beef, hot&sour soup and an egg roll at my favorite chinese restaurant in the big town. I have to bring my own Kama hot mustard to make a dip for my egg roll. They have a sweet yellow mustard in little packets but I like the hot stuff. I find Kama hot mustard at a couple of grocery stores with a good international food section.

I also find it at the Asian market by the university where I went after dinner. I needed some fresh wonton to go with the left over Mongolian beef I'll have for dinner tomorrow night. I also needed some frozen egg rolls and presteamed dumplings... They have quality frozen asian food at that market and the best ginger root in town. The only down side to the market is at least half the product labels are in chinese only. Tonight a chinese student from the university helped me find a bottle toasted sesame oil. She was very sweet!

Burger King. Crispy chicken club sandwich. Nothing else. I'll have a small cabbage salad on the side to go with it and water but thats it

The only soda I drink is gingerale when I have stomach troubles
And I'd rather have oven fries than those deep fried
I also don't eat potato chips lol I know I'm weird lol

I absolutely LUV oreo cookies but they're too rich for my digestive system *sigh* mmm oreos and milk....yum
I must be hungry for some cookies lol

Burger King. Crispy chicken club sandwich. Nothing else. I'll have a small cabbage salad on the side to go with it and water but thats it

The only soda I drink is gingerale when I have stomach troubles
And I'd rather have oven fries than those deep fried
I also don't eat potato chips lol I know I'm weird lol

I absolutely LUV oreo cookies but they're too rich for my digestive system *sigh* mmm oreos and milk....yum
I must be hungry for some cookies lol

We drink Gingerale too thinking of adding some real ginger to the soda. Give it an extra tang. Plus it is good fro digestion and if the kids give you parasites aka worms it is also good for that too.
I use to worm my kids when we wormed the dogs.

Baked chicken and fried rice, I think. Oh, forgot the chocolate chip cookies. Kid made a batch of dough and we dished it out and froze it so we can make a few every now and again.

Sounds good Terrie, hubby makes really good cookies, since he got injured he took over my kitchen and became a great baker. He never cooked except on grill till then.All the grand ask him to make cakes and cookies.

I made potato salad and we had cold cut sandwiches to go with it yesterday

Today I haven't decided yet lol

Edit:
Making BBQ ribs ,the rest of the potato salad and garlic bread to go with it all

Last edited:
we had spaghetti with a meat sauce and garlic bread

we had spaghetti with a meat sauce and garlic bread

Guess what I made tonight? spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread! to funny! I've been craving spaghetti for a couple of months so I made some tonight...

The acid in tomato paste tears my stomach up, heart burn from the pits of hell! The way I make chili I don't use tomato paste so it's not a problem even though it has tomatoes in it.

I'm paying for my dinner now! wish I could find a good spaghetti sauce recipe that doesn't use tomato paste. Tonight my sauce can from a jar but I browned some ground chuck with fresh garlic, drained, added the sauce and let simmer so the flavors would mingle.

Last edited:
Guess what I made tonight? spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread! to funny! I've been craving spaghetti for a couple of months so I made some tonight...

The acid in tomato paste tears my stomach up! The way I make chili I don't use tomato paste so it's not a problem even though it has tomatoes in it.

I'm paying for my dinner now! wish I could find a good spaghetti sauce recipe that doesn't use tomato paste.
Peanut, thanks for the memory.

When I was young, single digits, my mom had a practice of having each of my cousins over for a special day once a year. It was Don's turn but my aunt and uncle wanted a date night so Glen came along. It was Don's night so he choose spaghetti dinner and a movie. Mom packed us away in the bed and Don, of course, was in the middle. I still have a vivid memory of waking up with a warm stinky glop all over my face, looking up, and seeing spaghetti dripping from the ceiling.

Glen and I must have made some sort of a ruckus because mom came rushing into the bedroom. Mom was all upset and said she had to call Don's mother. "Please, don't call Mom, Auntie." I have to dear, your sick and your mom needs to know." "Its alright," said Don, "I always get sick when I eat spaghetti." "THEN WHY DID YOU EAT SPAGHETTI?" queried Mom. "Because I like spaghetti and Mom never lets me have it." Don never got to eat spaghetti at our house again either.

I still have a vivid memory of waking up with a warm stinky glop all over my face, looking up, and seeing spaghetti dripping from the ceiling.

Tomato paste is basically cooked down and concentrated tomato acid. I never blew chunks that hit the ceiling but I understand the feeling…

From the net… A tasty bite of tomato contains more than 10 different types of acids, but two account for a large percentage of the total: citric acid and malic acid. Tomatoes also contain another essential acid, ascorbic acid, which is better known by its common name: vitamin C...

Orange juice can lite me up sometimes… I blame malic and citric acid for my discomfort but who knows…

I just know I have to use caution with certain foods I love… pizza! spaghetti! And lasagna! :(

Latest posts

Back