What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I plan to do absolutely nothing today... a lite breakfast. One egg sunny side, strawberries, blackberries and sourcream...
breakfast 5 (2)_v1.jpg

Don't know how it's gonna work out, but I'm gonna try the black pepper beef stir fry, with a few "added ingredients." (Mushrooms, for one thing!)

That's some good looking stir fry there VJ! My biggest stove eye doesn't have the BTU's to crank out the good stuff...

Here I am sitting in my recliner covered up with blanket and a blueberry crumble in my lap. I’m mere months away from Richard Simmons holding my hand and crying!

View attachment 11511

Blueberry...my favorite!! Try it topped with Swiss Cheese and French Vanilla ice cream!!

Like I ever have ice cream, I have an 11 year old that is 5'4" and a 130lbs that eats like a two headed dog. I thought I had ice cream when I made the pie but as normal it had disappeared!

You don't have a lock on your ice cream freezer??!!

Tried fried oyster sandwiches? Grilled on Texas toast, with a little Pepperjack cheese on top of the oysters! Love it!! Oyster Po' Boys are excellent, too.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...hes-with-spicy-remoulade-sauce-recipe-1940986

I love shrimp Po' Boys and Oyster Po' Boys. I just checked the product lists at both the grocery stores I shop... NO frozen oysters... Iffy of fresh oysters at the pricey store... You're a lot closer to the gulf than me!

You can probably pick oysters up anywhere.

With some stuff, you have to lock it up in a place where only you have the key.

That is the truth. They still laugh about it today how he hid his sweets and they always found them. Lock is what he needed for sure.
And I thought I raised some disciplined kids but when it came to sweets guess the desire was stronger than the fear.

I love shrimp Po' Boys and Oyster Po' Boys. I just checked the product lists at both the grocery stores I shop... NO frozen oysters... Iffy of fresh oysters at the pricey store... You're a lot closer to the gulf than me!You can probably pick oysters up anywhere.

LOL Yeah, must be 100 seafood stores in town plus buying right off the boats! :woo hoo:

Taco salad

@Weedygarden what does feta cheese taste like? I've never had it and I see it in a number of recipes. I don't want to get a container and then not like it

Taco salad

@Weedygarden what does feta cheese taste like? I've never had it and I see it in a number of recipes. I don't want to get a container and then not like it
Kind of hard to describe. It is salty and tangy. I like it.

https://www.cheese.com/feta/ (There is more information about it at the link) On the whole, Feta is a pickled curd cheese that has a salty and tangy taste enhanced by the brine solution. The texture depends on the age which can be extremely creamy, or crumbly dry. Upon maturation of 2 months, feta is sold in blocks submerged in the brine. The cheese can be used a table cheese or melted on a traditional Greek salad, spanakopita, pizza or pie. It tastes delicious with olive oil, roasted red peppers and nuts. If required, it can be washed under water to remove the extra saltiness. The salty flavour of Feta pairs well with beer, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel.

Latest posts

Back