What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well come on already.
Pork Chops were fall off the bone tender.
Cheese sauce was velvety smooth.
Glazed carrots were just sweet enough.
Green Bean casserole never made it to table before I had eaten it all.
Full as a tick.
But I saved you a plate if you get here by tomorrow night dinner time.
Otherwise it will be gone too.

Bad day health wise so I wasn’t able to make a grocery run for short term perishables.

Lots of stuff in the pantry or freezer but I didn’t have much energy. I took the easy way out. A single serve slice of spam, seared both sides in a cast iron skillet w/bacon grease. A white bread sandwich, mayo on one side and some specialty Hot & Sweet mustard on the other, lettuce and plenty of fresh cracked pepper.

It was more than yummy!

I got the mustard in a sausage and cheese sampler someone gave me for Christmas. That mustard was righteous! I have to get a jar of that stuff! ;)

Lots of recipes for it on the net also, might be worth making a small batch from time to time. Basically a couple of eggs, Colemans mustard powder, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. :)

Comfort food - corned beef hash with a side of peas. Back in the Stone Age when Canadian military rations were canned, guys often gave me their corned beef hash. I loved it, didn’t even have trade for it. Gotta be made with canned corned beef though, I ordered it at at a restaurant and they made it with sliced corned beef (sandwich style), it just ruined it.

I think today I'll make spaghetti with meat sauce and I have a loaf of french bread that needs to be used so we'll have that to go with it.
( I'm not sure but I think its a law that you have to have bread to go with your spaghetti. ha ha)

Tonight I will be dining on a precooked tubular hand-consumed ground meat and jalapeno narrow sausage paired with rectangular cut sections of aged colby jack fat and coagulated milk proteins. I will also be enjoying several sections of a vitamin K enhanced raw white broccoli hybrid vegetable known as cauliflower. It is also highly possible that I will be consuming a beverage derived from Coca-Cola but using an unhealthy sugar substitute and several food grade chemicals.

Tonight I will be dining on a precooked tubular hand-consumed ground meat and jalapeno narrow sausage paired with rectangular cut sections of aged colby jack fat and coagulated milk proteins. I will also be enjoying several sections of a vitamin K enhanced raw white broccoli hybrid vegetable known as cauliflower. It is also highly possible that I will be consuming a beverage derived from Coca-Cola but using an unhealthy sugar substitute and several food grade chemicals.

Ummm. I'm gonna go with a chicken fried steak and taters.

I'm having stuffed Hungarian Peppers. I started out stuffing some Jalapeno Peppers with a Chicken strip, Queso Blanco Cheese, and topped with Cheddar Cheese. I Baked them in the Oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Sounds good Right? Wrong the Peppers were so Hot that even I couldn't eat them, so I gave them to my Neighbor. we'll see if he can handle it, I whimped right out.

Tonight I am grilling some hamburgers (mixture of ground beef, ground chuck, mayo, black pepper, granulated garlic, and granulated onion) then topping them with provolone cheese, fried onions, and fried mushrooms. I will also be making some zucchini fries.

Back