What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer sausage, club crackers, orange, white wine
My little platter isn't as fancy spread as Sentry 18, but it works for me just the same.
Quarters of fresh tomato out of the garden, sliced Portabella mushrooms, Kosher dill pickle spears, Thinly sliced summer sausage, with equally thin sliced pepper jack cheese,
Club crackers, white wine.

Last edited:
I'm thinking a nice juicy cheeseburger along with some fresh coleslaw and some homegrown sweetcorn just plucked off the stock, followed up by strawberry shortcake.

I got to spend the day with both my sons, my daughter, an ex-girlfriend (who is a good friend of my wife too), and my two daughters-in-law and their kids.
For dinner we had cheese burgers, hot dogs, coleslaw and a garden salad. We all had a great time. We only get together like this once a year or so - and then most of them head back to Seattle area tomorrow. One of my sons does live locally so we see each other often. It's special when his whole family shows up. His wife and kids are great. The son and daughter from the Seattle area are not blood related but I'm the only father they ever had in their lives. My ex-girlfriend is their mother and my wife got to know her and the kids before we left Seattle. I have a really great extended family! My wife is an angel.

We are making wraps with peppered turkey, bacon, provolone, butter lettuce, tomato, red onion, and horseradish mayo. We will also be having a variety of raw vegetables with my wife's homemade leek dip (like french onion dip).

Cheese stuffed halved (large) pablano peppers with crumbled bacon. I used to wrap them in bacon but found if I use crumbles then all of the bacon gets nice and crispy. And since I add diced jalapenos, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes to the cheese mixture I will surely be drinking lots of Coke Zero and ice water too.

I made another bowl of Greek salad that I will eat on for a couple days: cucumbers, green and red pepper, red onion, Kalamata olives, feta cheese. The recipe didn't call for it, but I had half an avocado left from yesterday so I added it to my portion for today. The recipe didn't call for pepperoncini peppers, and I keep forgetting to buy them to add.

A few years ago, I spent one summer searching for Greek salads in my area. I ate a few each week. Yum!

Latest posts

Back