What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 large seasoned ground beef patties cooked on the grill covered with melted cheddar cheese, fried yellow onions, and a little thousand island on the side. Plus a slice of tomato, a couple large garlic dill pickles, and a Diet A&W root beer.

My lovely wife asked me to make her some Indian food, which I have never made before. So I put together a coconut cream curry chicken with white sweet potatoes, red pepper, celery, onion, cilantro, and cashews on riced cauliflower. She said it was excellent for my first time making curry. I am going to presume that means it was just okay. ;)

coconut-curry-cashew-chicken-4.jpg

Tonight I had chicken salad with homemade mayo, spicy garlic dill relish, yellow onion, diced pear, cashews, celery, and celery seed. I was just trying to use up the pears and the cashews, not my normal ingredients. Was good though.

I had steaks thawed in the fridge but the blessed rain started to fall so a no go on the grille outside! Let it Rain!

So went to the little restaurant down the road and had a steak. The only thing better than the steak was watching the rain fall out the window while I ate! There was even a nice lighting display.

Dried beef, summer sausage, jalapeno pork sticks, cheddar cheese, colby jack, pepper jack, spicy mustard, green olives (non-pickled), pickles, strawberries, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, celery, and cherry tomatoes.

I also sliced up some "horseradish cheddar" for the first time. It's an interesting cheese.

Chicken wings have been on sale everywhere I go lately... Had wings 4 times in the last 10 days... @Fundy sent me two new Gumbo recipes, a Jambalaya recipe and a red beans and rice recipe... Can't wait to try them... (I mean old recipes from around 1900)

Last night was wings with potato salad, yummy.

Latest posts

Back