What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight was open faced pulled pork sandwich. I opened a can of spiced cabbage (margaret holmes). It was good but I kicked it up a notch with a splash of pepper sauce. For dessert I had a small piece of peach pie.

Latter, for second dessert... I had a bowl of blueberry yogurt with a handful of fresh blueberries with a sprinkle of sugar (need to put on a few pounds, was down to 155 tonight). I added a handful of scuppernongs! yummy!

dessst late_v1.jpg

That's suppose to be buffalo chicken.... I can't even spell cauliflower. Good thing I have spell check.

Buffalo cauliflower is fantastic! Plus it is high in Vitamin K, detoxifies the body, is full of antioxidants, and is a natural anti-inflammatory. And you can make it spicy!

We go through about 8 heads of cauliflower a week.

Buffalo cauliflower is fantastic! Plus it is high in Vitamin K, detoxifies the body, is full of antioxidants, and is a natural anti-inflammatory. And you can make it spicy!

We go through about 8 heads of cauliflower a week.

I'll stick to spinach. And just say NO to spicy food!

Charlotte is coming over this evening and is going to make "Asian Prep Bowls." I've never heard of them, but she says they're delicious. Looked them up on the Internet to see what I was getting into, and they look pretty darn good!! Mucho calories and gobs of protein!!

• 1 cup brown rice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
  • 12 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
FOR THE TERIYAKI CHICKEN
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks