What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no clue as of yet.
But will get creative with leftovers:
1 lone pork chop
1 lone bowl of red kidney beans soup
Might add stuffed mushrooms( mushrooms stuffed with thinly diced pepper jack cheese, black olives,) just for something different.
Homemade version of potato chips baked in oven.
Otherwise no clue some of all of it or none of it.
Don't know yet.

I am going to attempt to make beef and broccoli

saw a recipe online and it seemed simple and I have all the ingredients. I don't know how accurate it is to what you buy at the take out place , but I've never had it so ..... *shrugs*

Biscuits and Sausage gravy on the fire this morning.

bis1.jpg

bis2.jpg

bis3.jpg

Well, since it's snowing and I'm in the house, I thought I would torture myself and throw some stuff in the crock pot.

Head of cabbage, covered with fresh carrots and some potatoes. I'll throw the kielbasa in about an hour before it's time to eat.

I love boiled cabbage and I can smell it, I'm suffering here.

Last night was a bacon and cheese hamburger with a home made pattie and smokey bbq sauce.

Still eating down the contents of the freezer.
Wow. I have a lot of food in there I didn't even know I had.
I found a whole unopened bag of oven chips. They would have been good with my burger but...my care factor wasn't up for it.

I bought a rotisserie chicken on monday. That fed us both supper and then lunch. I had a salad today for lunch with more chicken in it and now I'm simmering the carcass to make chicken noodle soup. I removed most of the meat that was left and I'll make chicken salad for sandwiches to go with the soup today

German sausage and brussel sprouts with butter. And when I say German sausage, I mean sausage made by a group of German women who make sausage twice a year and sell off what they don't keep for themselves. I always purchase a dozen rings, and I pay top dollar for them too. They also make incredible sour kraut.

Last night I made a hamburger where I placed a somewhat thin ground beef patty with the edges pushed up. Then I set a slice of fried onion on the burger along with a small slice of American cheese and a small piece of Munster. Then I made another thin ground beef patty, put it on top, and pressed the edges together. I broiled them to keep flipping to a minimum. They turned out really good. Next time I am going to do onion, jalapeno, and pepper jack cheese.

Neighbors and kin cooked and brought food this afternoon, enough for 3 or 4 days. The best entree I can only describe since I have no idea what it’s called. It was a casserole w/english peas, tater tots, hamburger and cheese over the top. It was great! I could eat a whole plate of it. :)

I know who brought the greenbeans and sweet corn, she got them from our garden this summer. Her husband isn’t able to plant a big garden anymore.

Thankfully 2 people made cornbread because someone cooked broccoli in one pone. I really didn’t think someone could mess up cornbread this badly. Broccoli cornbread sounds like a trick you’d play on someone. :(

The dessert was a cross between apple crumb cake w/pecans and fruit cake missing everything but apples and pecans. It was really good though! I brought an extra piece down for a late-night snack. ;)

There are two more entrée’s and 7 or 8 more veggie’s to choose from, give those a try tomorrow.

supper.jpg

Neighbors and kin cooked and brought food this afternoon, enough for 3 or 4 days. The best entree I can only describe since I have no idea what it’s called. It was a casserole w/english peas, tater tots, hamburger and cheese over the top. It was great! I could eat a whole plate of it. :)

I know who brought the greenbeans and sweet corn, she got them from our garden this summer. Her husband isn’t able to plant a big garden anymore.

Thankfully 2 people made cornbread because someone cooked broccoli in one pone. I really didn’t think someone could mess up cornbread this badly. Broccoli cornbread sounds like a trick you’d play on someone. :(

The dessert was a cross between apple crumb cake w/pecans and fruit cake missing everything but apples and pecans. It was really good though! I brought an extra piece down for a late-night snack. ;)

There are two more entrée’s and 7 or 8 more veggie’s to choose from, give those a try tomorrow.

View attachment 30008
That's the kind of help you need, food!

I remember having tater-tot hot dish in school as a kid. It was right up there with pizza, hamburgers, and corn dogs as class favorites. Now we make cauliflower tots to keep the carbs low. I wonder if I could make a cauliflower tot hot dish and have it turn out good?

Latest posts

Back