What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was more yummy food neighbors brought over... I actually had tater tot casserole for breakfast! ;) Woke up craving another plateful, so gooood! For lunch I had breakfast, bacon, eggs, toast and a small venison steak smothered in gravy someone had brought. Dinner was pulled pork sandwiches, turnip greens, cherry pie, apple/pecan cake and a big glass of tea.

I'm stuffed! :)

London broil roast beast sandwich, potato salad, pickled beets and cherry pie for dessert... Went to the market today, picked up roast beef and potato salad. Because of folks bringing food here and turkey left overs starting Thursday etc I had to have something to fill in the gaps. Sandwiches fit the bill!

Tonight was open faced roast beast sandwiches on italian bread. Someone dropped off a large mashed potato and a coleslaw from a take out chicken place in town. I had the mashed potatoes w/gravy and apple pie for dessert.

Late night snack... the good kind of vanilla icecream with blueberries, blackberries and raspberries... so yummy.

IC snack (1)a.jpg

Looks good, Peanut.
We had chili and cornbread. Little granddaughter didn't like chili, so she had mac n cheese, cornbread, and hotdog. Twins like a big bowl of chili with cut up hotdogs and cornbread, and vegetarian daughter had mac n cheese and cornbread.
The kitchen and back patio cooking is hopping. Had the kids bring around one of my dutch oven cooking tables to the back patio, and will leave the Coleman oven up to make up for the lack of oven.

Dinner tonight was rather yeuchy. Stadium food, at a Colorado Avalanche hockey game. They changed food vendors this year, and things went from bad to worse. Tried the chicken fingers tonight. They actually weren't too terribly bad for stadium food, given the context. Still required antacids and a dose of Pepsid when we got home though. May need some Pepto Bismal and a few sips of ginger ale before going to bed to finally settle things down for the night.

Last night we had roasted pork loan, spinach souffle, and buttery acorn squash. Tonight we are repeating our Thanksgiving meal using left overs. We always hold back the leftovers for a couple days, and much of the time it tastes even better the second time around!

Latest posts

Back