What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always cook enough for leftovers. Nothing wrong with that lol

Nope, not at all. And quite often it tastes better after it chills and gets warmed up again. Goulash is a good example, always better second time around.

Tonight I had the worlds crappiest hamburger in the big town... :(

They put fish on it!? :p

Last night we had chicken fajitas with pico & guacamole. Tonight we are having diced grilled chicken and broccoli in Alfredo sauce.

@LadyLocust Nope, didn't bake a pie. Depending on dad's health it might be weeks before I have the time or the energy. These days it's simple food like wings, chili, roast beast sandwiches, oh, I have hotdogs this week also. For sides lots of salads, baked beans and potato salad from the deli... Lots of fruits for desserts and pie from the bakery... Simple and quick is on the menu! ;)

Breakfast is more involved... besides bacon and eggs I love home fries, sometimes pancakes, takes a little extra time to do them right and clean up afterwards.

Last edited:
For the last few days the hospital was able to provide sitters for dad giving my niece and I a much needed break. Looks like they won't be able to do so on a regular basis for the foreseeable future.

So, chili it on the menu for the next few days. It tastes better after time in the fridge and is quick to warm up. I tried something different last time and carried it further this time. I saw Alton Brown making chili on his show. He used chunky salsa instead of canned tomatoes. I really liked my chili that way. This time instead of medium heat salsa etc. I used mild salsa and diced 3 large jalapeno peppers from the produce section at the store. It already tastes good. I'll let it simmer for about 50 minutes to meld the flavors... can't wait.

Chili new sm.JPG

Last edited:
Grocery store had chicken on sale. bought 3 packs of thighs and drum sticks. big family packs
I baked some herb and garlic chicken thighs. stovetop stuffing and green beans. made hubby some crescent rolls ( he gets so silly when he sees them o_O)
I made enough to use later this week and our lunches

Latest posts

Back