What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I had a good salad with with ham. Up next was a bowl of chili with chives, cheese and sourcream.

In this last batch of chili I increased the fresh diced jalapeno by 30%, just the right amount of heat and flavor. I need to work on using fresh ground spices now. :)

Just got back home late last night. All this going back and forth between two states has me so disoriented. And the house is a wreck - husband and son have had a lot going on while I've been away.
So I'm playing it simple and having nukables tonight. I refuse to do any real cooking until the kitchen is deep-cleaned. :LOL:

Just got back home late last night. All this going back and forth between two states has me so disoriented. And the house is a wreck - husband and son have had a lot going on while I've been away.
So I'm playing it simple and having nukables tonight. I refuse to do any real cooking until the kitchen is deep-cleaned. :LOL:

Nukables!! :eyeballs: I like that. A main staple of our diet. Losing the microwave would be worse than losing a car. I don't know what we would do.

Losing the microwave would be worse than losing a car. I don't know what we would do.
One of my sons once told me if we didn't have a slow-cooker, I wouldn't be able to cook, lol. Microwaves, slow-cookers, oversized toaster ovens - we are so fortunate to have these appliances making our lives easier! While I was out of town my husband got an air fryer and a little George Foreman grill - I can't wait to work with those, too.

I got called into service and had to work last night, so the loaded baked potato is still in the fridge. Hoping it will taste even better since I had to wait an extra day.

So, do you just melt pizza toppings together? That's weird.

I make "pizza" at home all the time by putting parchment paper on a cookie sheet, putting down a layer of cheeses, topping with lots of meats & veggies (plus chopped tomatoes and garlic), then another layer of cheeses. I bake it until the bottom cheese begins to get crispy then eat it on a plate with a fork. When you go keto you quickly find that crusts and breads are really just a convenient way of getting food to your mouth but only account for a very small part of the taste. Pizza toppings are 95% of the taste of pizza. The same way putting a ground beef patty covered in melted cheddar, bacon, garlic pickle slices, shredded lettuce, onion, and homemade thousand island is 95% of the taste of a deluxe cheeseburger.

I figured it'd have a cauliflower crust

My wife is a fan of alternative crusts, keto breads, etc. I think that is just trying to normalize keto for people who want eat keto but make it feel like they are eating garbage carbs like pizza crust. I was that way for the first few years too, but now I am past it. Keto is often as much mental as it is physical.

Last night we had scrambled eggs with diced ham, onions, peppers, and cheese, thick cut peppered bacon from the meat locker, strawberries, and blackberries.

Tonight my wife is making her famous Norwegian Meatballs in mushroom cream sauce, roasted green beans, and mashed cauliflower. Saying "Swedish" meatballs in our house is a Class 2 Felony.

I heated up a rotisserie chicken, made spanish rice and green beans today. It was a small chicken so I plan to cook off the carcass and make chicken chili one day this week

Wonder if it would make a good lentil soup? I always use some type of smoked sausage when I make it

Mo! Fish taco sounds bad enough, but KETO style just makes it sound like fish with Marinara sauce in a cabbage leaf. gaah

Mo! Fish taco sounds bad enough, but KETO style just makes it sound like fish with Marinara sauce in a cabbage leaf. gaah
Fish taco aren't so bad.
It took me about a year to get used to them, I will admit.
Still haven't acquired a tasted for radish greens.
My taco shell isn't cabbage leaf.
It's melted cheese draped still warm over wooden spoon.
Hanging off 2 glasses.
When taco shell cools, then fill with fish and toppings, teaspoon of homemade chunky salsa.

That actually sounds good!
If I bring my own salmon can I join you for dinner? ;)

I can be there in three days... wait, I don't think fresh salmon will stay very fresh that long. :oops:🤢
Love you Mo!

Back