What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Well tonight... not sure yet,
But last night , we cooked at home..
Now we a little southern,

So we had A slow baked , POrk Loin roast ...
along with homemade cole slaw , made with Mayo,
Early baby green peas, a little cranberry sauce,
and 1/2 of a baked sweet tater. and ice tea with lemon only.

Oh Yeah,:)

I'm still Keto.

btw at 220 and holding.:thumbs up:

Jim

We are going to have venison steaks, baked taters from the garden for my wife and brother, a nice garden salad (two kinds of lettuce, celery, onion, and tomato), spinach, and fresh banana nut bread for dessert. I am KETO also so no banana nut bread and no potatoes. I am the cook so I choose the menu to fit my wife and brother and then figure a way that I can eat too. I have lost 22+ pounds in less than a month. I have run out of holes on my belt and my pants are falling off. I can add holes to the belt and I am going to put off buying any clothes until I am back to under 170.

Since I’m the only one in the house that likes chicken pot pie. I made myself a personal size pie in a Wagner bean pot and had enough dough left over for a pan of biscuits
cpp.jpg

Since I’m the only one in the house that likes chicken pot pie. I made myself a personal size pie in a Wagner bean pot and had enough dough left over for a pan of biscuitsView attachment 149

Yep, there it is. My reminder that being keto comes at a price. :D

Nope. But I do have an almond flour biscuit recipe that is almost 30% as good as the real thing!

That diet would kill a hillbilly! I only have one regret in life, If I had to do things over I'd ask my ex wife to make me a biscuit before we were wed. That one simple request would have told me who she was and at the same time would have saved me 15 years of gut wrenching misery.

Jim,
Go to the store and buy a rib roast. Beat some sea salt and rosemary into it on all sides after trimming the ribs off. Place it in the slow cooker or the oven at 300 to 325F and bake covered for six hours or until it is done to the temperature you like. While it is cooking roast some split small red taters in butter, salt and chives and steam some tender young asparagus.

being Keto also ,
I sure hate biscuits...( I have to tell myself that to stop myself)..OMG.

Tonight I had fried in coconut oil, 6 0r 7 catfish fillets, nice and brown..
A large garden salad with 2 boiled eggs quartered, lots of cheese and bacon.
a little side of button mushrooms, a hand full of olives...

Unsweet Ice tea,

I'm full , satisfied and SKINNY...almost.;)

Jim

Nope. But I do have an almond flour biscuit recipe that is almost 30% as good as the real thing!

Try the fathead biscuit recipe.

Tonight we are having bone in pork chops broiled with butter and bacon bits and Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter. Yes, I am making Roo eat the sprouts. I am tired of cooking veggies for K and I and another for Roo.

We are having sirloin as well but not ground. Asparagus cooked in butter.

Latest posts

Back