What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a crack at my first attempt at a version of shepherd's pie. 1lb lean hamburger meat, bag of shredded velveeta, garlic salt, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and a splash of heavy cream. Next time I'll add more butter I think. Still turned out great. My brother loved it & Mom liked it. She normally says something is "Okaaaaay" (with a sort of snooty tone) but she said this was "good". Which is about the highest praise she'll ever give.

Yesterday we had soup and sandwiches

Today I'm making a casserole with more of the rotisserie chicken ( and theres still more meat on the thing lol), hashbrowns,sour cream, cream of chicken soup and frozen peas and carrots

Pork Meatloaf with a Soy BBQ Glaze, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Carrots

20200701_132022.jpg

I finally seem to have cracked the code on making a good buttery cream sauce for the 5 cheese tortellini. This time I added a little bit of corn starch as thickener & it stuck to the pasta. Next time I'll make a larger quantity of sauce since it went over well with the family. There were no leftovers. LOL.

Last night's dinner ended up being sugar free jello salad.
Made with sugar free orange jello, sugar free cool whip, can of fruit cocktail(sugar free) and sugar free marshmallows served up on bed of lettuce. Also served with black olives, rinsed,with ribbons of Swiss cheese, Colby, Pepper Jack, dill pickles.
Tonight's dinner will be hobo packet.
Consisting of diced baby potato, chunky carrot coins, slice celery, green beans,onion with a piece of frozen unbreaded cod on top wrapped in sheet of tin foil, baked at 350* for hour or hour half.
I'll be full.
When making hobo packets you can make with any kind of meat and vegetables.
I just used the vegetables that needed used up.

Back