What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T Bone , baked beans and whole fries. Sprite :)

DSCN1213.JPG

I cooked some pork tenderloins out on the Traegar pellet grill (with hickory pellets). Man, do those things come out fantastic that way. So moist, so tender...

I added a side dish of the stuff below we found at Costco and decided to try. It was really good. Used chicken flavor "Better Than Bouillon" to cook it in. Added a touch of course ground sea salt to the rice mix, and some BBQ sauce to the pork. Wow. Great dinner!

p.s. - you do have to cook that rice mix about twice as long as the instructions say, otherwise there is too much water that doesn't absorb. I don't know if that's always the case, or just a problem up at elevation here in Colorado.

rice.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thawing chicken thighs today for our supper.
I'll bake those and I have some potatoes that need to be used up so I'll roast those and have some steamed broccoli and sliced tomatoes to go with it all

Pinto beans, mashed taters, meatloaf, fried okra, maters, cukes, onions & cornbread. Cantaloupe for dessert. Wow I am about to bust.

Now that made me hungry and we already ate. Garden fresh veggies,cornbread,we have cornmeal but no buttermilk or any kind of ilk for hat matter. But we are getting use to it, maybe onion filled hushpuppys and extra eggs won't matter as much. .

Latest posts

Back