What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italian Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers with Couscous

20200813_164951.jpg

How do you make your salmon patties?
I use 2 cans of salmon, an egg, diced onion,
It has been the topic of discussion here before and resulted in recipes being shared. That's a great idea. I make them in paper muffin cups now. Slightly different recipe, yummy either way. Crumbled crackers, mustard. Forget what else.

Offspring decided it was a KFC night.

Tonight was breakfast for dinner... Applewood smoked thick slice bacon, home fries... I couldn't decide if I wanted cantaloupe or yellow meat watermelon so I had both.

Of course I salt the watermelon, its a southern thing but has anyone else tried fine ground black pepper on cantaloupe? freshly ground of course... yummy.

Melon b (1).JPG

Happy Birthday, @Double R That's great you were able to go out for ribs!
Thanks so much!!! Technically it was the 13th but we worked so we celebrated it on our day “off”. It was lovely in spite of Covid. Even had a drink 🍹😱😂 It was only 107* down from 111* The balcony had misters though which was nice. Bummer restaurants have to close so early. Would have been even more lovely when it cooled off.

I'll remember your birthday, now, Double R. It's on our anniversary. Happy belated! It felt weird to us sitting in a restaurant to eat a nice meal. I know what you mean, closing early. This one closed at 8pm. and the wine we ordered was uncorked at the bar, and recorked, then put on our table for us to pour.
We are making pizza tonight.

I'll remember your birthday, now, Double R. It's on our anniversary. Happy belated! It felt weird to us sitting in a restaurant to eat a nice meal. I know what you mean, closing early. This one closed at 8pm. and the wine we ordered was uncorked at the bar, and recorked, then put on our table for us to pour.
We are making pizza tonight.

Awe!!! Thank you! That’s so fun!! Hope you had a fantastic anniversary!
This is the first time we’ve eaten out since the lockdown started. It was very odd. They close at 8 also. The whole experience was odd but we made the best of it and did have a good time.

My little hens are laying like crazy so I have an over abundance of eggs. I boiled some this afternoon. I made a nice salad with bacon, ham, sliced up egg, tomato and onion, a yummy salad. I fried up another batch of wings. Seems every time I go to the store wings are on sale. I really like wings but I'm starting to tire of them.

Last batch of wings in the fridge are now gone. I made potato wedges in the airfryer, new spice mix I'd never tried, came out a little salty.

My new vacuum sealer will be here Wednesday, no longer have to worry about freezer burn. I can start buying meats and other goodies again like I used to.

I believe I am having roasted chicken but my dear wife is picking it up because of all the work I did today. It will be a surprise... :)

Today for lunch we had home canned turkey vegetable soup.... This was 1 of 3 new soups we canned last season. So far the 2 we have tested will be great "filler" meals for when you forgot to set something out... We've tried 2, will complete the trio by the end of the week....

Turkey vegetable ✅
Potato Leak
"Beef" Barley vegetable soup ✅

Tonight we are having turkey taco salad: Ground Turkey, Pinto and Red beans, Home made Salsa, peppers, on a bed of lettuce and covered with shredded mexican cheese, with a dalop of sour cream...

Back