What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supper will be 12 ounce Rib eye steak.
Baked potato
Sauteed mushrooms(sauteed in unsalted butter)
Steamed asparagus with slivered almonds, rough minced garlic
Hot rolls
Lunch was Beef Pho.
Made with leftover tenderloin sliced thinly.
Thinly sliced mushrooms,leeks, carrots.
Noodles, beef broth.
Breakfast was Peanut butter and banana sandwich.
2.5 ounces of cheese balls(treat or treat snack)
B. Pear
coffee

I made barley soup and chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. Just put in some New Mex style enchiladas in the oven to bring to cousin's house. I'll put the hot chili on the side for those that want to add it. She's making taco salad tonight because she has a head of lettuce. I know that sounds weird, but around here it is normal. The Amish don't get to the store often, so if you have a fresh fruit or vegetable, like a head of lettuce, it's used in a meal pretty quickly.

No, darlin',
Air balls are just air, in spherical shapes. Doughnut holes aren't the plugs they take out of the middle of a doughnut it is the hole left behind.
It just means I am not eating tonight. Too hard to move.

Gosh, I do love you! You made me smile and that is really something today.

:huggs:hope you feel better soon,hubby is also down this week.

I'm already back to living again! All that nasty pain is back in its box and stashed deep so I don't have to deal with it.
I'm happy and smiling and teasing my wonderful wife.

Apricot Dijon Chicken Legs with Lemon Garlic Couscous and Seasoned Carrots

20201025_201806.jpg

Lunch was homemade version of cup of soup.
Leftover thinly sliced rib eye, vegetable peeled carrot ribbons, thinly sliced leeks, Ramen noodles minus the seasoning packet. Too much salt.
Anjour pear, coffee.
Supper will be 1 diced potato, 1 diced carrot,1/4 cup thinly cut leeks, 1/3 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms,half of 12 ounce rib eye steak(raw)2 sweet peppers, one orange, one red.
1/2 cup of water, 1 bottle of Merlot wine simmering in the crock pot now.
Wine bottle is bout 4 ounces.

I tried something different tonight. I had bought a pound of Conecuh Sausage and a package of Zatarain's "Dirty Rice" mix. It was easy to fix and definitely yummy! I'm just glad I got the hickory smoked sausage and not the hot sausage. It was plenty spicy just like it was.

Conecuh_v1.jpg
Dirty Rice sm.JPG

Lunch was homemade version of cup of soup.
Leftover thinly sliced rib eye, vegetable peeled carrot ribbons, thinly sliced leeks, Ramen noodles minus the seasoning packet. Too much salt.
Anjour pear, coffee.
Supper will be 1 diced potato, 1 diced carrot,1/4 cup thinly cut leeks, 1/3 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms,half of 12 ounce rib eye steak(raw)2 sweet peppers, one orange, one red.
1/2 cup of water, 1 bottle of Merlot wine simmering in the crock pot now.
Wine bottle is bout 4 ounces.
Roast was fork tender.

Today is Roo's birthday so she wants pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. I picked up some of their frozen pizzas from the store rather than spend the money for the take-and-back from the restaurant.

With all the excitement of my house flooding again I didn't post about everything I wanted to. I had two firsts this week. Dirty Rice posted above... I happened to buy some boneless chicken thighs. I didn't have time to bake them one night so I sliced them into strips, breaded and then fried them... The best chicken fingers ever! A lot better than dried out breast meat.

I bought more boneless thighs today!

I made my first ever kangaroo chili with the ground kangaroo.

To make sure it was even leaner I put the kilo of kangaroo with 3 cup of water in the instant pot and set it on the stew setting.
I figure the cooking process would lift a lot of the fat out of the meat when I drained it.

I put the drained meat back into the instant pot with zero fat beef broth, chili beef sachet, a pint of stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried capsicum, cumin, smoked paprika, and 3/4 cup of rice and enough water to cover.

Turned out perfectly and I topped my full bowl with a tablespoon of zero fat plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream.

It turned out really well.

For those who were wondering what kangaroo tastes like - it's exactly like venison.

Latest posts

Back