What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
venison stew. I used just a bit too much rosemary but it was still good.

I made a big pan of biscuits, chicken fried steaks and mashed potatoes and gravy.

cb1.jpg
cb2.jpg

Last night I went to the place down the road for a ribeye steak. The steak is huge, I can never finish one so I don't even try. They have a great salad bar w/bacon, ham and pastrami. So take my baked potato and steak half home.

This morning was my favorite breakfast. Steak n eggs, I made garlic toast, warmed my baked potato w/real butter and sour cream. yummy!

Steak n eggs  (2) sm.JPG

Last night I went to the place down the road for a ribeye steak. The steak is huge, I can never finish one so I don't even try. They have a great salad bar w/bacon, ham and pastrami. So take my baked potato and steak half home.

This morning was my favorite breakfast. Steak n eggs, I made garlic toast, warmed my baked potato w/real butter and sour cream. yummy!

View attachment 56978
Sounds good .

All the fresh vegetables are simmering away in the 7 quart crock pot.
Getting ready to make big pot of home made chicken, vegetable noodle soup.
Or maybe chicken, vegetable dumpling soup.
Home made hot rolls
Fudge chocolate cupcake warmed with unsalted butter.
Coffee

Not having it tonight, but hoping to have it tomorrow. Beef stew with carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes. I found something called butter potatoes that are small. Hope they cook in stew well. I'm going to try mixing corn starch in with the beef broth before it gets cooked to see if it thickens better. Also going to buy some beans and ham for later this week.

I had chinese takeout-- chicken with broccoli, chicken sticks, mushrooms, & egg drop soup.

A simple meal tonight, but man was it good. A grilled cheese sandwich with good quality cheddar on potato bread, and split pea soup. That heavy, chewy melted cheddar really made the sandwich. I used to make them with your basic Kraft Sliced American Cheese, but now I don't even think that's real cheese - more like processed plastic with coloring added. The cheddar really brought that sandwich to life, along with the potato bread and Kerry Gold butter for the perfect toasting. Yum!

Yesterday we had flank steak with asparagus. Tonight we are planning to have meatloaf. When we make things like meatloaf, shepherd's pie, cordon blue, we make lots, then freeze all but 1 meal's worth for use later.

The other thing we do is CAN soups and stews, less the more tender vegetables, as ready meals. Then on a "bad health" day we can just grab a jar dump it in a sauce pan warm it up add some frozen mixed vegetables (we found that the canned stews had a slight bitter or scorched taste and the frozen vegetables removes all that), and we have a good low sodium dinner.... Nice thing is they are shelf stable and we only need to have a few bags of mixed vegetables in the freezer....

Smoked Mackerel, Rice, Sweetcorn and Peas.

Yum.. I haven't had Mackerel since I left the coast of Maine. That sounds good!

I wish I had a good recipe for beef stroganoff. Every time I make it at home, I am disappointed. My favorite version was at, of all places, the Worlds Fair up in Vancouver. When was that? ... like 30 years ago or something? Anyway, there was a restaurant there on the expo grounds that had the best stroganoff and borscht that I've ever eaten.

Had some rotisserie chicken and later had a steak. It was supposed to be medium rare but I cooked it for too long. I'm about to have some strawberry banana yogurt.

Latest posts

Back