What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Szechuan Seasoned Steak Stir Fry

20210227_185936.jpg

Spicy!!!

Tonight I was really tired so went simple, grilled cheese and Campbell's tomato soup.

Something that still surprises me... how easy it is to elevate something to a new level... like stirfry cabbage, a little fresh garlic and fresh ginger root puts it over the top. I bought a couple of cilantro plants yesterday. Tonight plain old campbell's soup tasted like a whole new food with just a little chopped cilantro. (the edges of my grilled cheese were extra crispy so I cut them off).

grilled cheese.JPG

My brother marinated some pork chops in au jus miran (sp?) along with some garlic salt and other seasoning for a couple of days. He cooked them up and they were delicious. Very tender too. The ones that weren't marinated were a bit tougher and dryer.

I also celebrated the passing of a kidney stone by eating a mix of french vanilla ice cream, edible chocolate cookie dough, and chocolate syrup.

We're doing non-region specific Hispanic style food stuffs takeout (Mexican Takeout for those with thick skin).

It's a locally owned restaurant that offered free meals on Thanksgiving Day last year to any and all in need. If you wanted to pay, you could donate to the local food bank instead.

Wife and I said we would support them at least once a month until we moved or they closed, and neither looks like it's happening in the near future. ;)
Plus, they make killer shredded beef enchiladas too!

Back