What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night the wife used the left over beef from making stock to make a beef taco filling, it turned out well, so we are going to do the same with the rest of that meat... We will end up getting 4 meals out of the left over meat from the beef stock.

So today the wife is making cucumber salad, we will have taco salad tonight, and we still need to eat half a ham.... other than that I think we will be going hungry.

cubed ham, scrambled eggs and fried taters.
The best part was my loving wife cooked.

Today we had some of our canned lentils for lunch, just to see if the canned one taste like what my wife normally makes... They passed!
For dinner we had new recipe using egg-plant with a sweet Italian sausage and pasta... it was good but I never actually found the egg-plant (and I know 3 were in there).... It passed.

The wife made 2 casseroles with the egg-plant thing and requested I place them in the freezer. As I was helping assembly the casseroles she said," I thought you bought me 8 nice stacking stainless steel casserole dishes and I can't find a single 1, do you know where they are?" They are holding some of the other casseroles you made.... Every time I make an empty spot in a freezer there is a casserole waiting to fill it..... It's amazing we canned 6 chickens, 5 chuck roasts, 20 pounds of venison, and 6 packages of short ribs using stuff from the freezer and all that space has been filled with casseroles made with "leftovers" from the canning..... I figure between the casseroles and the canned quick meals we could eat three times a week off just that, for a year....

My brother had a late Dr. appointment so I had to hit the ground running when we got home. Reheated leftover roast, baked potato (partially nuked first to speed up cooking time, finished cooking in the oven), salad, cottage cheese and corn. Usually I try for two veggies at dinner time.

Does anyone have creative ideas for corn? Whenever I ask hubby to pickup a certain veggie he always brings home a case of corn. We've got a few cases of canned corn in addition to the fresh corn he bought.

Back