What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother had a late Dr. appointment so I had to hit the ground running when we got home. Reheated leftover roast, baked potato (partially nuked first to speed up cooking time, finished cooking in the oven), salad, cottage cheese and corn. Usually I try for two veggies at dinner time.

Does anyone have creative ideas for corn? Whenever I ask hubby to pickup a certain veggie he always brings home a case of corn. We've got a few cases of canned corn in addition to the fresh corn he bought.
I like to add sauted peppers and onions to canned corn. Also use it in stews and goulosh!!

I just halved 4 sweet onions, small golden potatoes and a kielbasa. Plopped in the pot and waiting for tender taters and onions. The smell of the onions is killin' me, lol.

Today I noticed a pound of ground chuck in the freezer that was getting old, 8 months but sealed with a food saver. I try to use stuff before 10 months.

Since it's rained 4 days now I made crappy weather comfort food, a pot of chili. Supposed to rain for the next 4 also...

Last night we had a mixed bag leftover dinner. I had meat loaf and green beans with potatoes. The wife had Chili and beans(with avocado, Mexican cheese, and sour cream). For desert we both had the last 2 pieces of her cake and ice cream... Tonight we are planning to have "Beth's" wild rice and chicken casserole (one of our homemade frozen dinners). It was hard to make a decision as to what to eat and the wife said, just bring up the second one down on the left most stack...... Beth's Rice!

The wife said that with all our ready made dinners it is hard to just cook something..... But the garden kind of pushes our hand in that respect, I saw more egg plant fruit, green beans are now in abundance, lots of tomatoes, and the okra needs to be processed (we may either coat and freeze or just fry it up now, but there may be too much already). Hey we are not going hungry and our weekly grocery bill has dropped to almost nothing...

Fried a small batch of wings tonight, a piece of white bread and my favorite sauce!

Dessert was even better, I bought a melon at the little produce store yesterday. It's one of the best I've gotten this summer, almost perfect. I got a few scuppernongs also.

Mellon sept21a.JPG
Musca scup 2a.JPG

Y'all, I seriously just made the best pork chops. And it's not bragging to say that, because they weren't great because of me - the air fryer gets all the credit!

Thin (-ish) pork chops, breaded (I used an egg dip, then Italian style breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese)
Pre-heat the air fryer
375 degrees F for 9 minutes

That's all there was to it. So good!

This is quite the question tonight. I thought I had some ground beef already cooked up - it turned out to be quinoa. So I came home to cook and on the way in the house, I dropped the 18 eggs. 5 didn't break, and a few were cracked but not wide open. Came in to cook and found the quinoa so next. . . We had some left over roast beef from last night so it got diced, chopped some spuds and onions, and squash and voila supper is hash.

This is quite the question tonight. I thought I had some ground beef already cooked up - it turned out to be quinoa. So I came home to cook and on the way in the house, I dropped the 18 eggs. 5 didn't break, and a few were cracked but not wide open. Came in to cook and found the quinoa so next. . . We had some left over roast beef from last night so it got diced, chopped some spuds and onions, and squash and voila supper is hash.
It was "one of those days"! Guess it wasn't just me, sorry about the eggs! Turned out ok👍☺️

Back