What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight was a mixed bag, the wife made chicken/pork odobo over rice; mostly for the son who is coming to visit tonight/tomorrow. I was out roasting peppers on the grill and I had some drumsticks thawed, so I made some BBQ chicken drum sticks (I will eat it as a snack for the next week), but I really got in trouble for not eating the odobo before tasting one of the drumsticks.

Cajun Shrimp and Cheddar Grits.

Pics to follow...

Edited to add:

20211022_191747.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken salad on crossants.

Sunday night we tried out a new to us mexican place. I ordered hawaian fajitas. Shrimp, steak, chicken, and pineapple. I've ordered it other places before and while usually good, but this place. It came out with a half pineapple hollowed out and reloaded with all the fajita goodies, all three meats, onions, 2 kinds of peppers, pineapple, and smothered in some really good queso. More mix on the plate that wouldn't fit in the pineapple. Plus a plate with beans, rice, gauc, sourcream, maters, and lettuce. OMG....... Cooking the mix in the pineapple left such a great flavor of sweetness added to the hot pepper. WOW it was good.
Oh BTW, big ole margarita to wash it down.

Last edited:
Sorry Pearl I kept adding to it.
That sounds SO GOOD! I can SEE IT from your description! I like making the "fajita (or taco) bar" at home all the fixin's assemble how you want it! Will be trying pineapple! Nice eating that stuff out, no clean up!!

last night I made Tom Kha Gai soup - thai soup with garlic, ginger, chicken, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes (coconut milk and chicken stock) with some curry paste. Excited for leftovers for lunch!
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner.

Latest posts

Back