What Are You Listening To?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been humming this throughout the day~

The name edith piaf kept nagging at me, finally remembered. She was signing near the end of the movie Saving Private Ryan. For some reason I looked her up long ago.

I watched some Austin City Limits tonight, caught a little of Allen Toussaint. A r&b pianist, new orleans flavor. He wrote "Southern Nights" from 1975.

The name edith piaf kept nagging at me, finally remembered. She was signing near the end of the movie Saving Private Ryan. For some reason I looked her up long ago.

I watched some Austin City Limits tonight, caught a little of Allen Toussaint. A r&b pianist, new orleans flavor. He wrote "Southern Nights" from 1975.
There is a movie about her life, but it has subtitles. Very sad.

What am I listening to? Several things. Educational , rock, instructional, etc.
I'll not post any of it here. It offends, causes tears, or simply goes unnoticed.
All good. The world has clearly changed and not for the better in my opinion.

I listen to the blues channel on my satellite radio fairly often and I hear his songs sometimes. I didn't realize he was a pianist. I'll have to pay more attention next time one of his songs come on...

I listen to almost everything but rap and hip hop. Sorry, but to me rap music is an oxymoron. For listening, You Tube has been a Godsend. A couple of good friends share You Tube findings, and there are some incredible musicians out there, not to mention you can listen to virtually any song from any performer anytime you want.

My preferences lean toward classic rock 60's and 70's (80's a little bit). I love rat pack music. How could you not love Frank and Dino? I like easy listening. I love classical music, even some opera. I like country music especially the older stuff. I even like Gospel and spiritual music.

With retirement getting closer and the possibility of taking driving vacations I will seriously consider installing Siriusxm radio in the car. I had it when I was a road warrior, and it is well worth it.
I grew up watching 1950's TV shows with the likes of Les Paul and Mary Ford and the Ink Spots as well as many other singers of those days, which includes the beginnings of Rock and Roll, rap and hip hop couldn't hold a candle to those groups.

rap and hip hop couldn't hold a candle to those groups.

So true. IMHO there are a lot of great musicians, real legends, turning over in their graves seeing what has happened to music. At the risk of sounding like my father: "The garbage kids listen to these days!"

This one sticks in my brain. Had a young guy that kept coming to my camp over cookouts for years . Nice kid , respectful , quiet . Never bothered anyone , but living in the country I didn't know .
They played this at his funeral . He was a heroin addict ! the found him dead with a needle still in his arm ,his brother died 2 weeks later , again ! heroin addict . I new nothing about that stuff.

most don't like what i listen to , I like people who don't really fit in any category , but they sing from their soul ...... Soul Funk

121865699_10217437233833931_4191604524668925872_n.jpg

I have no clue, @Peanut !!!
But I was in a small shop the other day, nice lady was listening to country...95.9 FM The Ranch. True Texas Country Music. They even played Floodin' Down in Texas by Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was raining. Lol
So they're not too bad when I need a change.

Magus sent me down an internet rabbit hole, and I came out with this...

Eluveitie - The Call Of The Mountains

Everything I touch turns into a rabbit hole. LOL

Latest posts

Back