What Are You Listening To?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Because of a conversation in the Classical Music thread, I just listened to Concierto de Aranjuez, twice. Once by Jim Hall, second by Joaquin Rodrigo II. I'll probably listen to Van Morrison, Hall and Oates (going though all of their music this week), and maybe some Michael W. Smith later.

Well looks like this thread hasn't been poked a bit so since I'm going through my playlists I stream to various electronics I found one I've not heard in awhile. So, here it is. I don't find it offensive so hopefully no one else does.

Original version :

A "modified" version :

Code:
Hopelessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
What a surprise

The look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul

He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones

Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead
You better stay home
And do as you're told
Get out of the road if you want to grow old
Sheep Lyrics. (n.d.). Lyrics.com. Retrieved November 24, 2021, from Pink Floyd - Sheep Lyrics | Lyrics.com.

Seems a bit of a twisted version of where the world is today. I love digging out classics from my archives. :dancing:

@guardthanks for reviving the thread.

As I was driving my daughter back to her mom's house this evening, some Guns 'N' Roses came on the radio, and I had to turn it up:

The song after that sucked so I flipped to the classic country station:

My daughter that that was a really strange combination of music to listen to, in back-to-back songs. I said she wasn't Gen X so she wouldn't understand...

I listen to almost everything but rap and hip hop. Sorry, but to me rap music is an oxymoron. For listening, You Tube has been a Godsend. A couple of good friends share You Tube findings, and there are some incredible musicians out there, not to mention you can listen to virtually any song from any performer anytime you want.

My preferences lean toward classic rock 60's and 70's (80's a little bit). I love rat pack music. How could you not love Frank and Dino? I like easy listening. I love classical music, even some opera. I like country music especially the older stuff. I even like Gospel and spiritual music.

With retirement getting closer and the possibility of taking driving vacations I will seriously consider installing Siriusxm radio in the car. I had it when I was a road warrior, and it is well worth it.

I've been hearing some great old songs in "Call the Midwife."

Seeing Andy Williams in Branson was on my wife's bucket list. We did finally get down there and see him and he was quite good. Dumb luck but we saw him with Petula Clark, and she was quite good as well. We really enjoyed the show.

It has been a long, long, time, but I seem to have rediscovered the Beatles. Maybe it is because so many people have done You Tube covers. I watch them and think "that was pretty good." Then I think "Why am I watching covers, when I could be watching the real thing?"

I couldn't possibly replace all of my vinyl, but I did order a Rubber Soul cd; arguably their best album.

Back