What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have been thinking that this would be an interesting thread to help document how the price of gas fluctuates and how it is different in various parts of the country.

This website is interactive and you can track what the cheapest price of gas is in your area. You can report as well. https://www.gasbuddy.com/

Currently, today, I saw gas prices at $2.59, but I didn't stop and get gas. I know there are cheaper prices, but I didn't go searching for them.

However, the price of gas is supposed to make a big jump this weekend, at least in Wisconsin. That is probably true in most places.
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...5wlLzNfTS5IYEmeg-XGOQGY3c9FCNyccpkZmzf9Z8RYoI

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-prices-continue-climbing-across-us-2019-04-23/

I think I'm in for a shock when I fill up my car... it's been over a month since I bought gas. :(

Oil futures are high right now. Oil was around $50 to $55 for a year or more and it is up to $65 right now.
The USA vs Iran is maybe having some impact on oil prices. May 2nd the USA is increasing sanctions on anyone doing business with Iran. Hopefully this will amount to nothing but there is the possibility it will be a big deal. Prep up.

Innkeeper, I have probably told this before. Living about an hour from the Canadian border in Williston, ND, we had many Canadians cross the border to shop. I worked for a while in a steakhouse as the hostess. That means I seated people and worked the cash register. The exchange rate was maybe around 78% at that time. Many Canadians would get livid when I told them what their bill was when they paid with Canadian money.

With all of that oil in Canada, why is the price of gas so high, even in Canadian dollars?

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 5.16.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Gas went up 9 cents from yesterday to $3.319.

Gas prices in Canada are high because of global warming. They tax the consumer taking money out of the pocket of the citizen and putting it in the government pocket thereby saving the environment. I'm in Alaska, I'd love for things to warm up. I'd think the Canadian government would want it warmer. Since there is no empirical evidence for global warming I guess it is all about taking taxes out of our pockets.

Our prices would be similar but higher to Canadian prices here in Australia being that E10 unleaded is $1.409 per litre or $6.39 per gallon in Australian dollars and $1.91 USD per litre or $8.67 per imperial gallon in USD dollars. What we have similar to the Canadians is that our currency exchange rate is similar usually to the USD$ which is usually woeful and we have huge taxes (excise) on our fuel supposedly to repair our roads which they don't do :rolleyes:.

$2.10 then $2.25 then $2.52 last week.

Our prices would be similar but higher to Canadian prices here in Australia being that E10 unleaded is $1.409 per litre or $6.39 per gallon in Australian dollars and $1.91 USD per litre or $8.67 per imperial gallon in USD dollars. What we have similar to the Canadians is that our currency exchange rate is similar usually to the USD$ which is usually woeful and we have huge taxes (excise) on our fuel supposedly to repair our roads which they don't do :rolleyes:.

They do, where the congress own houses in Gated communities.

Fairly much the same here @joel they only take really good care of the roads in the affluent suburbs, new estates or around parliament and that is about it. Here in the country our car call fall in a pothole and they couldn't care less. The local policeman here has a flat tyre every week going out of town on the same road as the pothole is so big you can't miss it as it takes up almost one lane going up.

Latest posts

Back