What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed a sign yesterday taking my wife into town for sewing and yarn stuff, $3.199 for regular unleaded.
Meh. Just use your stimulus money to pay for it! :thumbs:
Everything will be just fine... until it runs out.;)
Then, as they said in the old days: "Grab your ankles, this is going to sting"
assspank.gif
.:oops:

I won't be needing gas for at least another month. maybe two...

Bouncing between 2.80 and 2.90 a gallon here. Memorial Day is coming. I'll bet it's well over 3 bucks here by then.

Jan 20th $2.07/gal, April 19th $2.97/gal = +.90 which for mathies is a 43.48% rise in 3 month.
I've been posting pretty much monthly.

Yes, Mrs. Locust,

I don’t get that either? I have done that math before and a 43% jump in three months, in my mind, doesn’t make sense. I believe they set the prices off of what we see on the news, not actually how much gas we have stored in the U.S.

Here in NYC, I pay $2.75 each way on the subway, typical trip is about 2-5 miles. So if I had a car that got 15 miles to the gallon, that would be $15-20 per gallon.

Then again, lots of people here just hop or crawl under the turnstiles, or wait for someone to open the emergency exit door when leaving. So I guess in that sense gas is free here, too!

Here in NYC, I pay $2.75 each way on the subway, typical trip is about 2-5 miles. So if I had a car that got 15 miles to the gallon, that would be $15-20 per gallon.

Then again, lots of people here just hop or crawl under the turnstiles, or wait for someone to open the emergency exit door when leaving. So I guess in that sense gas is free here, too!

Yep, free for the cesspool but for those of us on the other side of the state not so much. At least my taxes are doing something, for someone, besides the mobster in office the east coasters of the state seem to vote in every term.... 😈 :waiting: 🤬

Pre-COVID I was buying a tank of gas every 5 days, now I buy a tank of gas per month. I cringe to think about what prices will do if everyone starts driving like we used to...

When I do drive, I have noticed that the traffic is increasing, doubling the time it takes to drive 30 miles to the wife's 30 miles doctor. Pre-COVID it took about 55 minutes, during the COVID lock down it dropped to 30 minutes, now it is just above 45 minutes. I have read that people may be less willing to use mass transit in the cities after things get back to normal, making traffic and air quality worse.

I have been thinking that this would be an interesting thread to help document how the price of gas fluctuates and how it is different in various parts of the country.

This website is interactive and you can track what the cheapest price of gas is in your area. You can report as well. GasBuddy - Cheapest Gas Station Finder App with Money Saving Benefits

Currently, today, I saw gas prices at $2.59, but I didn't stop and get gas. I know there are cheaper prices, but I didn't go searching for them.

However, the price of gas is supposed to make a big jump this weekend, at least in Wisconsin. That is probably true in most places.
You might want to fill up today. Gas prices likely will reach $3 a gallon by the weekend.

Gas prices continue skyrocketing across U.S.
2.49 - 2.59 in N. Texas.

Latest posts

Back