What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Innkeeper, I have probably told this before. Living about an hour from the Canadian border in Williston, ND, we had many Canadians cross the border to shop. I worked for a while in a steakhouse as the hostess. That means I seated people and worked the cash register. The exchange rate was maybe around 78% at that time. Many Canadians would get livid when I told them what their bill was when they paid with Canadian money.

With all of that oil in Canada, why is the price of gas so high, even in Canadian dollars?
Inter provincial politics, excessive taxation, sheer governmental incompetence, a corrupt federal government in bed with Saudi Arabian interests ... we are getting royally done over. Don’t get me started .....

Inter provincial politics, excessive taxation, sheer governmental incompetence, a corrupt federal government in bed with Saudi Arabian interests ... we are getting royally done over. Don’t get me started .....
I know the Saudi's are in bed with American politicians. I didn't realize that they were in bed with Canadian politicians as well.

Gas went up 9 cents from yesterday to $3.319.

Gas prices in Canada are high because of global warming. They tax the consumer taking money out of the pocket of the citizen and putting it in the government pocket thereby saving the environment. I'm in Alaska, I'd love for things to warm up. I'd think the Canadian government would want it warmer. Since there is no empirical evidence for global warming I guess it is all about taking taxes out of our pockets.

Don't they [ whoever 'they ' is ] say it will get colder before it gets hotter? Mini Ice Age? So prepare for both.

NASA has released two documents lately that predict a "mini-iceage" in the next 10 years. One cited inactivity in the sun and the other - maybe related - cited heat escaping through the upper atmosphere faster than it can be replaced.
NASA also stated that nobody knows the complex system that controls climate and it is composed of the carbon cycle, the water cycle, and the way the energy from the center of the earth and the sun all interact with each other and the numerous other systems that affect it like ocean currents and the way that land masses rise as the ice melts off which insulates them from water that melts them.
The whole man powered climate change idea is just a bad guess without any science to back it up.
Call me a denier but this is coming from the best minds at NASA looking at the net heat affecting the earth. Be sure to pay your carbon tax because we will need the carbon to keep from freezing.

I know the Saudi's are in bed with American politicians. I didn't realize that they were in bed with Canadian politicians as well.
It’s a nasty little incestuous world. We sell arms to them, buy their oil and allow refugees from the Middle East easy access. We charge carbon tax on oil and gas but none on what we import from the Saud.

I think our gas prices are $2.99 here but I never pay retail.
Through gas station perks, I always get at least 90-cents off per gallon so right now, I'd be paying 2.09. (A couple months ago, I was paying $1.50/gallon).
I get between 100 & 200 gallons at a time and put it in the 500-gallon bulk tank then we use our gas out of that tank.
As prices go up in the summer, I just buy less and use more out of the bulk tank.

Watching news this morning. They said that with the market being wonky due to the Corona Virus scare, gas prices are going to be going down. They reported that a 7-11 in Parker, Colorado is $1.83 a gallon this morning. They mentioned several stations south of Denver (Castle Rock and Parker) with gas prices under $2.00. My gas tank in my car is fairly full, but I have a busy work week. I usually fill up on Fridays, and will do so as usual this week. I do have gas cans that I need to get filled up, and it seems this is the perfect time to fill them up and to consider getting a couple more and get them filled up.

I did not read through this entire thread, but I will post this just in case no one else has.

Interesting to note how certain liberal parts of the country gas costs more. ;)

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?lat=38.822395&lng=-96.591588&z=4

My guess is because they apply a "Sin" tax to it like alcohol and tobacco. Something everybody is going to use, has to use, so you hold your nose and pay it. They will claim it will be used to improve roads, and there will be some lame environmental claim. It is all BS, so they can steal more money. Last year Illinois increased the gas tax from .19 to .38 per gallon, yes, doubled the tax. How else will they pay for the pensions for the thousands of bureaucrats Daly had on the payroll.

Seems they are following Gavin Newsom's how to steal more money from the general population. Ironically, he now has yet another bond measure in California, listed as Prop. 13, in order to steal millions of $ from Californians, under the pretense of eradicating asbestos fromm our schools. Many may not know but this was already done, and is a ploy to bank a few more $ millions for the general fund.

I filled up Sat or Sun for $2.09 per gallon. I haven't seen a pump since... guess I'll find out soon enough. I can usually go 450 miles between fillups.

I have no idea. I haven't bought any in over a month...

Latest posts

Back