What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topped off my truck with diesel a few nights ago at the reservation where they have the cheap prices. The pumps only go to $74 so I stopped the second time a bit short so I could show it was the second helping, and it still need a third effort to top off the tank. So at $4.80 per gallon it was about $160 to fill the tank, about 33.5 gallons in a 36 gallon tank.
FJB

1648421134282.png
1648421148126.png
1648421163831.png

$5.59 regular
$5.79 plus
$5.89 premium
$6.39 diesel
Small rant: why in the world would a pump kick off at $100?!?! We only have 1 vehicle that costs less than $100 to fill up and it’s at $80 right now which means it will probably hit $100 before this is all over I’m sure. So if I take cans and fill a vehicle I have to run the card multiple times which sometimes flags the card. 😠😠😠

I filled the wife's car at $4.099 call it $4.10 / gallon. When we only fill it each 2 months, when it gets to half-full, It isn't a major concern. We keep both cars between 1/2 and full. I haven't filled mine since the price started up yet. If I have to go somewhere I plan it to get everything I might need in one trip. When you travel 20 miles every few weeks I have a couple of months easily between fill ups.

This thread moves fast at times... just caught up. I thought it was bad here, feel bad for everyone. I filled up Wed. in a city far from home, regular was $3.99. First time I've ever put $85 in the truck.

We were up around 4.25 to 4.29 for the 87 octane and when I went to town Sunday it was down around 4.09.

Went to the bank this morning. Gas has been steady at $5.65 a gallon for the past few weeks. This morning it was $5.49 a gallon! I topped off my tank (which I haven't done in 2 weeks but only drove 60 miles since my last fill).

While getting my change a man was letting the attendant know that he was only charged $6 for a total of 30+ gallons of diesel. Seems like someone hacked the pump. The same pump had a sign saying that one pump was out of premium. Odd.

Went to the Boudin Festival in Scott, LA today.
Crap-gas (ie. Racetrac) was everywhere for $3.72 .
Real gasoline, (Exxon, Shell, Chevron) was $3.95 .
On the mileage thing, if you wanted beer at the festival, you needed tickets.
$10 will get you 10 tickets. (they are only sold in groups of 5 :()
3 tickets will get you a 10-oz beer. (ya' see what we did there? ;))
How many can you get for $10?
The answer is 3, plus one souvenir/donation ticket to keep :):
IMG_20220423_165250_kindlephoto-12428810820.jpg

You would need to drink 9 beers to cash it in. :oops:
Edit: Oh, thousands of people there, and I did not see a single mask the whole day. :cry:<<sarcasm>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back