What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard a couple people say we went up another dime overnight to 5.29. I haven't been out but I believe the one guy.

Still 4.59 here, up from 4.19 in the last week.
I'm mostly driving my beater that gets 30 instead of my truck that gets 16. We aren't going much of anywhere we don't have to.
Yes, they are making an irreparable dent in demand. :confused:
People are creatures of habit.
Even when prices go back down they are unlikely to go back to their earlier ways (this even includes the microscopic-few that had the $50K to get an EV).
When will prices go down?
...Shortly after somebody goes and bows before the Saudi king.:mad:
FE_DA_090409publicopinion.jpg

Yes, we've done that before. :confused:

Last edited:
$4.89 per gallon for regular unleaded... which means that in roughly a week, the price has gone up 90 cents per gallon. No wonder I don't feel like driving anywhere, except when it's absolutely necessary. Triple-digit heat is setting in for real now as well, which puts a damper on many outdoor activities. :confused:

Well, the price jumped up here. At the Mobil near work, I paid $4.59 last week. It is currently $4.95 there. :mad: I don't know what I'd do if my car didn't get good gas mileage. I have to go to work, I don't have a choice. This is just ridiculous.

What? Has everybody forgotten about the crash in crude oil and gas prices in March-April 2020?
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/what-are-you-paying-for-gas.4463/post-239412
Read the posts thru that time period in this very thread.
Nobody was crying. Nobody was worried.
Only a few could hear the rumble of the coming storm.
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/what-are-you-paying-for-gas.4463/post-239427
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/what-are-you-paying-for-gas.4463/post-247208
Supervisor42 in May 2020 said:
When all the lights go green and the giant air-bubble makes it's way thru the pipeline, you're going to hear a loud sucking sound (interruption/undershoot of supply).
The oil companies have bent over and quietly taken it up the hiney for months.
They WILL get even! :waiting:

Last edited:
Well I finally got out today so I can be on topic at last. :woo hoo:
Saw $4.41 at Texaco and $4.59 at Chevron.
My journey? I had to pit-stop for blood work at my gp Dr.
I loved the sign they had on their door...
"If You Have Symptoms Of COVID-19, Please Do Not Enter The Building"
Soooo, if you are sick, whatever you do, don't go to the doctor!!!gaah

Last edited:
Just had another dime jump here $4.79 to $4.89. We were at $4.44 for the longest time, That's an extra $7 per tank. I got the 12v battery on my '06 Prius charged, I think it's finally worth driving it again. My '14 Ford Escape is getting 23 MPG, but the old Prius still breaks 30... The Prius looks like heck after a run-in with a deer (and 16 years of hard use), but at these gas prices who cares?

Just had another dime jump here $4.79 to $4.89. We were at $4.44 for the longest time, That's an extra $7 per tank. I got the 12v battery on my '06 Prius charged, I think it's finally worth driving it again. My '14 Ford Escape is getting 23 MPG, but the old Prius still breaks 30... The Prius looks like heck after a run-in with a deer (and 16 years of hard use), but at these gas prices who cares?
Does your prius hybrid battery still function after 16 years?

Oddly enough, the price went DOWN in Alamogordo... I just topped off the other day at $4.89, thinking it would simply keep rising, but I saw $4.76 on several signboards today while I was in town. That figures, but what am I gonna do? I ain't no fortune teller, and the price drop seems odd... maybe it's an anomaly tied in to local supply. :confused:

Just got back in town, and gas is $4.89. Diesel was $5.18. Gas in the Baltimore area and the Delaware shore is $4.99 a gallon.

We went from $4.44 down to $4.41. Not sure of why the decrease, but here we are now. I am thankful for where I live at this point in time cause I keep hearing it is so much worse the north you travel. Yesterday I read that the eastern states in the US had run out of diesel. I'm not sure which states but that is HUGE! If there is no diesel, trucks can't run. That means no food getting distributed.

Still 5.19 here. Analysts are saying it could dip below 5 bucks by the 4th. Um, yeah, OK.

2022-06-14.... NW BC CA....

E 10 = $2.01-9.... Liter...
Road diesel = $2.07-9... Liter...

It was 4.999 for a couple weeks, the went down a nickel for a week, then down another nickel. Now 4.899. looks like the base price (before state taxes get added) is whatever Exxon-Mobil wants it to be.

I'm thinking about a buckboard, and a donkey to pull it.

I heat my home with propane, going to pay 3.26/gal for it next winter. Don't see how the donkey is going to help there.

Still 5.19 in my hillbilly corner of the world.
Well I must say, I am glad to hear the MSM finally shutup their nonstop yapping about "record-high" gas prices.
Prices have been quietly slipping lower and they ain't sayin' a word.
The high prices have put a dent in demand as the wasteful joyriders have parked their obsession.
On topic: I was out today and saw:
Shell $4.29
Chevron $4.27
RaceTrac (crap-gas) $4.25

Last edited:
If I drive south out of the county it starts to drop, saw 4.79 the other day on my way to training, stopped and filled up too. It's always been like that, 20 - 25 cent difference in 30 miles.

Latest posts

Back