What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amish we are going on two months full tank,but also haven't left the drive way but once isince Mar. 3 rd.
I am two months on this tank of gas, but I have used some of it. I have done a little driving around, mostly for garden supplies. I am going to go get a few things at the hardware store and think I should fill up today. Two months on this tank of gas and I am close to half a tank.

Your friend beat me, I paid 87.9 at Fred Meyers, a Kroger brand. It's almost cheating as we get $1 off for spending enough.
Many of those rewards are tied to your customer reward card, which often uses your phone number as the password. They allow limited use for reduced price on gas. I heard a story about someone who had gotten many reward points and when she went to fill up, with all of her reward points, her gas should have been $.99. Someone else had used her reward points and she was out of luck.

Friday gas was 1.33 just down the street. Today it had went up to 1.57.
I hadn't heard any news that would cause this spike in 2 days. Anyone else?
Spike? All the way up to $1.57?
Likely they know the price of crude oil went from $14 to $24 in only a week and a half?
They are finally seeing light in the end of the tunnel.
A spike will be when it blows right past $3 in December.

.20 cents jump is a bunch at once, even with low prices right now. I'm betting within the next month it's back up to 2.00. Keep it low while many are out of work and don't need it. Soon as folks start going back jack it right back up.
It's just supply and demand.
Unlike the "Great TP Panic" (which was only from unreasonable demand, there was never a hiccup in supply) you saw an overshoot in oil production actually drive the price below $0 per barrel.
This happened because they could not shut down production fast enough. It takes time.
The reverse will also be true. It takes time.
It won't be "we need to start the truck back up", it will be "we need to put the truck back together so we can get it running".
When all the lights go green and the giant air-bubble makes it's way thru the pipeline, you're going to hear a loud sucking sound (interruption/undershoot of supply).
The oil companies have bent over and quietly taken it up the hiney for months.
They WILL get even!

*Disclaimer: Super owns stock in WMB, BP, XOM, and RDS.

I was out yesterday and it was $1.63.
I broke down and gassed up the truck this past Friday.
Paid the outrageous price of $1.49 .
It was available for $1.43 at places that sell crappy gas.
Cost me a whole DOLLAR to fill up with the good stuff instead.
I've got a dollar for that :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

Back