What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2.60 a gallon yesterday in town, went back to town this morning it is now 2.80 a gallon. 20 cent jump overnight.

Last time I was in town it was $2.75

That could've changed by now( 2 days) :rolleyes:
Its ridiculous how fast it keeps jumping up

Went by a station on my way home went from 231 this morning to 239 at 430. Cane back out at 530 and it was up to 249.
"You ain't seen nuthin' yet! " It's pay-back time:waiting:.
Exxon Mobil announced yesterday that one third of their reserves have been used up during this past year. Maybe I’ll borrow my neighbor’s horse and buggy.😊.
I'd bring some horse-feed as an offering :oops:.

*Disclaimer: Super owns stock in Exxon, Shell, Williams Companies, BP, and is a member of the Dark-Side.

Sadly you are right about that. I'll bet we'll be staring at $4 by summer if travel season gets anywhere close to normal
Just now I was reading an article that predicted a top near $3, give or take. OPEC is the main driver for crude prices right now and crude is back over $60, they'll want to keep it close to that but not get it so high people start using less. Also, around a dozen U.S. refineries are still closed from the drop in demand during the Covid lockdowns and some of that production is likely to come back online as prices rise...

Yeah OPEC is back in the drivers seat for our prices with biden killing off our jobs in the oil industry.
The article I was reading said definitely don't expect all the refineries to ever come back online. So although they were shut down before Joe got in office, he's not going to help get them running again...

Sadly you are right about that. I'll bet we'll be staring at $4 by summer if travel season gets anywhere close to normal
I expect $3.00 - $3.25 for summer vacation. However, if they drop the green-flag, that Christmas trip to grandma's house may be closer to $3.75 .
I'm typing this hoping that I am wrong and everybody gets to hand me a cup of shutup-juice :(.

One month ago we were $1.89,
Today it is $2.61 87 octane.

Annnnnd my new vehicle needs 93 octane. Uuuggghh.

Jim
I feel for you. In '08 when I was driving my Avalanche the supercharger required the 91/93 octane and for that summer vacation from Vegas to Michigan the lowest price was in Kansas around $3.40 a gallon and Michigan had the high price about $4.10 a gallon. Once I bought the diesel I took the supercharger off the Avalanche so it could use the cheap stuff again. But, now diesel is usually 15 cents to 20 cents more than gasoline. I get better mileage now, and can tow a lot faster up the mountain grades, but it bites at the fuel pump.

I bet we have $4.00 prices again by next January.

Back