What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed a station coming into town this afternoon ... $3.699 for regular unleaded.

At Arco here in the sticks of California it is $4 a gallon. By my folks it is $5 a gallon at Arco.
Do you take gas cans with you and fill them too? Then you can at least use as much as possible at the lower rate. If the price ever did go down, you could just leave the cans in the garage and fill up the rigs.

Do you take gas cans with you and fill them too? Then you can at least use as much as possible at the lower rate. If the price ever did go down, you could just leave the cans in the garage and fill up the rigs.

Of course! We have a small stash of gas. Right now I fill my car once every 2-3 weeks while K fills up 2-3 times a week. If we lived more rural I'd look into getting a larger tank to store gas. When K needs gas in a pinch he uses the cans. Right now gas is not going up too fast so we are just adjusting the budget and trying not to go anywhere if we can help it.

I talked to a woman today who said she paid more than $4 for gas per gallon. I thought she said almost $4.50, but I am not positive about that. She had wanted to go somewhere but decided with that price, she would do something closer to home. She told me she had been to 3 gas stations and none of them had regular gas. They only had premium, and at the third station, she needed to get gas.

It has been around $2.85 here for a while. Seems to have stabilized if that is possible.

20210905_114100.jpg

The cheapest gas in my area is $2.89. The nearest gas station is charging $3.39.

Back