What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas prices today.jpg

Looks like it's going up about a penny per day. $3.20-3.25 yesterday noon. Maybe the trolleys are coming back; that won't get me to the supermarket though.

Back in the day, there were trolley/RR rails between Springfield VT village square and Charlestown NH, using the toll bridge across the Connecticut River. They connected to the Boston & Maine railroad in Charlestown. Their main purpose was for shipping heavy machinery from the Springfield machine tool plants to the RR, but the trolley did enough business to survive. So - no gasoline required.

... The bridge is still there . . .
:ghostly:

The Shell stock I own bumped up the dividend that they pay me, a bunch.
So, at least some of all that money people are paying is going to a good cause. :rolleyes:
Motto: "If you can't beat'em, own'em".

I was out this morning with my son, and gas was $3.09. That is the first time I can remember it being over $3.00 a gallon here. I know our situation is better than most, but you wonder how far this will go? IMHO it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.

I was out this morning with my son, and gas was $3.09. That is the first time I can remember it being over $3.00 a gallon here. I know our situation is better than most, but you wonder how far this will go? IMHO it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.
If you think of the green new deal and want everything to go electric you need to get gasoline up to $4.71/gallon (at $0.14/kw-hr, 1 Gasoline Equivalent (GGE) = 33.694Kw-hr), but if you think AOC type green new deal where everything is using renewables like solar, the true price would need to be about $11.10 per gallon..... Now, don't get all peeved at me, I'm just answering a question none of us really wanted to know the answer to.....

$3.54

If you think of the green new deal and want everything to go electric you need to get gasoline up to $4.71/gallon (at $0.14/kw-hr, 1 Gasoline Equivalent (GGE) = 33.694Kw-hr), but if you think AOC type green new deal where everything is using renewables like solar, the true price would need to be about $11.10 per gallon..... Now, don't get all peeved at me, I'm just answering a question none of us really wanted to know the answer to.....
Psssst

Your (engineering) slip is showing.

;)

Ben

Psssst

Your (engineering) slip is showing.

;)

Ben
The only question I want the answer to is 'What's for supper?'

I filled up last week for $4.09 a gallon at Arco. Today I filled up at the same Arco for $4.15 a gallon. This is not the norm here in Cali. I will see what the price is when we go to my folks' this weekend. I am sure it is close to if not over $5 a gallon.

Latest posts

Back