What are your pet peeves?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We all have them! I have some, and WILL come up with more.

1. People who hurry to get in front of you and then don't know what they want, and all kinds of slowness. Bank, gas station, grocery store...

2. Litter bugs, and this includes people who don't clean up after their dogs!

The guy in the passing lane going exactly the same speed as the guy next to him.

People who think I should make changes so they can merge. They always seem surprised when the ditch is rapidly approaching.

Open mouth chewars

Loud people in public places that are boring. I wouldn't mind if they were sharing something good like how to get rich or the freaky twins they just met.

Really the list is so long I have a permanent scowl.

- Slow drivers we have a couple of octagenarians getting around here in our area and when you are stuck behind them going into our larger town it is a nightmare. There is one that knows he is slow and pulls off the shoulder to let people pass, bless him :) .
- Drivers who drive slowly and as soon as you go to overpass them they speed up to the speed limit, boy there is a few of those around :mad: .
- People who answer their mobiles at a checkout and spend ages fumbling around for their wallet to pay and hold up umpteen dozen people while still talking on their phone. The thing is they don't realise how darn rude it is.
- Technology - appliances/laptops/powertools etc that don't work properly.
- Largely built people who insist on standing in the middle of the supermarket aisles with their trolleys sideways so you can't get around them on any side. Now although it is not politically correct DH calls them quietly to me ever-expanding lard a$$e$ :eek: . Thank goodness he doesn't work in retail as he would be fired in a week.
- People with strong smells to them that never learnt about showering nor use deodorant. Some I have literally almost been sick smelling walking behind them. I detour rather quickly.

Last edited:
Coworkers who repeatedly asked for information that you email to them weeks ago. AND when you give them date time stamp of the email they are too lazy, have deleted it and/or don't want to look for it so they call for the information. AND after you verbally give them the information they then ask you to just resend the original email to them.

Oh I have another I am on a roll tonight -

- Drunk people who seem to find me where ever I am that lean in really close and poison me with their alcohol breath. I told DH about this when we met and he didn't believe me then we went to the hardware store first thing in the morning and there I swear the only drunk person in the store came up to me and leaned in to talk. He just stood back and laughed despite me asking him to come over :rolleyes: , as I told the bloke oh look there is my husband.

Speaking on this subject of pet peeves has anyone seen grumpy old men and women show on ABC it is a scream.

Women who DO NOT sit their butts on the toilet seat and then don't clean up after themselves. If you're gonna stand then go to the men's room!! ugh. NASTY

People who do not respect others enough to be on time for anything. I'm talking the ones who do it ALL the time. thats just ignorant and believe me I don't wait on them

Smokers and their nasty smell and their dirty habit of just throwing their lit butts everywhere

My list grows, and mine are similar to most of the rest of yours.
3. drunks--people who want to make themselves stupid and then the rest of the world has to get out of their way, take care of them, or put up with their ignorant behavior.
4. Bad drivers, and there are many out there. Drivers who are oblivious to the rest of the world--all over the road, unaware of going with the flow of traffic, failure to use their turn signals, or put their turn signals on and miles later, have not made a turn when there were many opportunities, but blinkers still blinking. People who drive who learned to drive by getting behind the wheel, turning on the car and putting it in drive. Without some guidance, the nuances that are often missed are driving in the middle of your lane, not close to the line; how close to follow, where to stop, how to park.
5. people talking on their cell phones in public, loudly, or not, but in other people's space, especially when you are in line and doing business.
6. "Huh, what did you say?" If you are hard of hearing, get hearing aids and use them. It is rude and annoying to make others keep repeating themselves because you can't hear.
their dirty habit of just throwing their lit butts everywhere
All the world is an ashtray for most smokers.
8. People in my personal space.
9. People who ask a question and then don't listen to the answer. I am guilty as well.
10. People who make messes and don't clean up after themselves.

I have so many they have their own zoo :(

pet peeves.jpeg

We all have them! I have some, and WILL come up with more.

1. People who hurry to get in front of you and then don't know what they want, and all kinds of slowness. Bank, gas station, grocery store...

2. Litter bugs, and this includes people who don't clean up after their dogs!

Seems everyone is in a hurry now.
One almost caused a pile up passign us yesterday.

I also have a peeve with todays movies backgrounds being so dark now. What in the heck is going on with that? Seems any little agitation they can cause they do.
I don't think it's the movies. I think it's the TV's themselves. They have the capability to go much darker than old tube TV's. Go to your video settings and change it.

Oh, another pet peeve of mine. You bite into a Hershey's with almonds candy bar and didn't get an almond in that bite. :( ;)

I don't think it's the movies. I think it's the TV's themselves. They have the capability to go much darker than old tube TV's. Go to your video settings and change it.

Oh, another pet peeve of mine. You bite into a Hershey's with almonds candy bar and didn't get an almond in that bite. :( ;)

I don'think it is the tv because all old movies are still like they use to be,bright and clear. We paid $4 to watch a movie on youtube and it was dark too.

2 pet peeves
people who don't prepare for power outages.we had a 3 day outage when the tornadoes hit town the other day.in which i couldn't get a couple of ppl to go with me to get donations that "they need".i ended up getting 2 of them flashlights with batteries.
other peeve is folks that'll pass on a narrow 2 lane road when I'm already going the speed limit.and on a stretch of road they shouldn't. saw a accident that had taken place on account a guy was in to much of a hurry.he decided to pass where he had a head on collision after topping a hill with a blind curve.

1. People with no common sense at all. (Which seems to be 90% of the younger population these days!!)
2. People who cut line (anywhere), and then get ticked if you confront them.
3. Idiots who try to go through the 15-item check-out with 30-40 items.
4. Morons driving 50 mph in the fast lane on the Interstate.

2. People who cut line (anywhere), and then get ticked if you confront them.
3. Idiots who try to go through the 15-item check-out with 30-40 items.
I was at an inner city grocery store, an unSafeway. Some man was in the 10 item checkout line with his cart overflowing. In true inner city fashion, someone told him he was in the wrong line with all his groceries and full cart went off on the person. It was memorable. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back