What are your plans for amateur night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A
I gotta ask, what is amatuer night?

The Bartender's nightmare, otherwise known as New Years Eve. Amatuer night because all of the people who NEVER drink go out on New Year's Eve and get hammered. It is not a safe night out for man or beast.

I too will be sitting at home drinking my own liquor, and probably watching a football game. For several years now we fall asleep long before the ball drops. There will be fireworks and probably a few gun shots in the neighborhood.

Just another pizza night at home , Things have dwindled down after you've outlived most of the life long friends ( I've been here for 72 yrs. ) my family moved here in 1794-+ homemade pizza

Last edited:
We stay at home and play board games. Husband always asks me to make him rumaki. I hate it, so I make other good snacks as well.
We are going to have a couple of close friends over, have some supper, some drinks, watch the crazy people on TV, and play yahtzee.
...Oh, and listen to the neighborhood explode :thumbs:.

My wife and I will hang at home and enjoy a nice dinner...like we do most every night. I'll probably have a finger or two of Woodford Reserve and then go to bed well before midnight.

My wife and I will hang at home and enjoy a nice dinner...like we do most every night. I'll probably have a finger or two of Woodford Reserve and then go to bed well before midnight.
Really, You are the only person I ever heard of looking forward to drinking that god awful stuff. Guess it's an acquired taste and one I will never acquire. I kind of saved the day or project one time and the guy asked me what I liked to drink. So I responded any top shelf bourbon thinking he might get me a bottle one day. Boy was I wrong he dropped off a CASE of 1/5ths or maybe liters of that to my house before 9am the next morning. I managed to drink one bottle over a several year period and gave the rest to some younger folks who aren't picky. lol I about had a heart attack when I saw the price of a bottle the next time I went to the ABC store. IIRC it was $64 each back then.

Really, You are the only person I ever heard of looking forward to drinking that god awful stuff. Guess it's an acquired taste and one I will never acquire. I kind of saved the day or project one time and the guy asked me what I liked to drink. So I responded any top shelf bourbon thinking he might get me a bottle one day. Boy was I wrong he dropped off a CASE of 1/5ths or maybe liters of that to my house before 9am the next morning. I managed to drink one bottle over a several year period and gave the rest to some younger folks who aren't picky. lol I about had a heart attack when I saw the price of a bottle the next time I went to the ABC store. IIRC it was $64 each back then.
There are a bunch of WR. The wheat whiskey I have is fine - nothing amazing, but very drinkable. And I think this came in under $40.

But now you got me thinking. I have another bottle of Knoble (Mike Rowe's whiskey) that's a bit different from the first bottle I got. And I found some 15 year old Glenfiddich in the back of a kitchen cupboard a while back. And someone gave me a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 year old rum. Options are open. :)

My plans are complex :). Duplin Winery order should arrive tomorrow, and a frozen Mexican pizza.

1672433641858.png

Latest posts

Back