What did you have for dinner last night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skewered Sweet & Sour Jumbo Shrimp..Hot off the Grill...with Rough Cut French Fries and Cole Slaw...with a tall icy glass of Sweet Tea.

KqWY8FM.jpg

That looks great! Only time I get seafood is if I make it, my Wife won't eat anything that swims in the water.

I've still have some Pastrami, corn beef as well as tuna salad left over, so I'll probably be eating these leftovers tonight. Plus it's Friday so it's time to clean out the fridge & eat whatever!

Butter garlic pan seared Mahi-Mahi with fried rice.

24852162_1199892653445084_8855072747944414550_n.jpg

Homemade 3 Alarm...3 Meat Chili ( Venison, Beef, Pork ) ...topped with Fresh Cheddar Cheese, Sour Crème, and Scallions...served with Fresh Cornbread and Jalapenos Slices...and muchas cervezas.

Xzrko7q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cold and rainy here on the coast this weekend. So, I stepped away from the grill and the wife made her vegetable beef soup and I made a big ol' cast iron skillet of cornbread to go along with it. Sorry, no pictures, but it was wonderful.

Had more of the 3 Meat Chili last night...along with the last of the cornbread.

and...just finished a big bowl of Chili for lunch a few minutes ago. The large pot I made will probably be gone tonight.

After a week of eating crap and fast food I feel like I gained 30 pounds. My body is not used to fast food at all. Tonight I am making pot roast with spinach, mushrooms and taters.

Weelllll. I didn't think to take a picture, but we had fresh Deer Tenderloin(fried), gravy from the drippings, and some Cat Head biscuits!
Now it's too late for a picture! Lol

Grumpy have you ever marinated deer in a mixture of 50/50 butter and A1. Cook medium rare it turns out soo tasty

Made some cream chip beef or "SOS" with sliced/diced smoked ham & home fries, fried onions over toast.

Grumpy have you ever marinated deer in a mixture of 50/50 butter and A1. Cook medium rare it turns out soo tasty
Sounds real good! I've cooked deer about every way possible, or some varient of it. I could live on deer and fish!

Since I still have this taste for seafood pasta, I'll be having spaghetti with a white garlic, clam, crab & lobster sauce, with a few slices of "poor man's" garlic toast.

Chicken 'n' Dumplins

I had sub-chili dinner. Sorry, no picture of the chili. Sub loaded with Pepper Jack, monetary, American and provolone cheese, ham, pepperoni, pastrami, honey turkey and corned beef deli meat, banana peppers, lettuce and sliced black olives finish it off!

super sub.jpg

Bacon cheeseburger and fries

Tonight its grilled pork chops (bone in) baked sweet tater with gobs of real butter, salt and pepper, green beans/frozen out of my garden and ice tea

Latest posts

Back