What did you have for dinner last night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soft Shell Beef Tacos...with the works !!

LNYjFHU.jpg

Made tuna salad sandwiches with lettuce & tomato on toast with the Delaware Valleys own UTZ's potato chips:

poppyseed-tuna-salad-sandwich.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course my friend.

Did you forget LG Potato Chips?

Used to buy them at the old "Unity Frankford" Corner Stores, member them?

Unity Frankford...Yes Sir !!

Every Neighborhood had more than one corner store when we were growing up...most were in the basements of corner houses.

Anymore...if you find a " corner store...it's a cigarette and beer take-out with the owner behind bullet proof glass.

Damn shame what happened to the nice clean safe streets we grew up on...

Hell, if I ain't strapped...(which never happens)...I would not even venture into my old neighborhood of NE Philly.

BTW, next time you'r eating UTZ chips, try sprinkling a little "Old Bay" seasoning on them........delicious!:great:

Shooter my friend, we grew up in a great period. Great neighborhoods, great families, great people and the true American way!

Like in the 1950's & 60's when we had Philadelphia’s Frank’s Beverages...you could have Soda ( Black Cherry Wishniak ), Beer ( Ballantine, Ortlieb's or Schmidts ) and Snacks ( Charles ) Chips/Pretzels delivered to your front or back door...with a phone call.

History Note:

A Wishniak is a cordial, made in Russia and Eastern Europe, that consists of sugar, cherries and vodka.

Ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

Like in the 1950's & 60's when we had Philadelphia’s Frank’s Beverages...you could have Soda ( Black Cherry Wishniak ), Beer ( Ballantine, Ortlieb's or Schmidts ) and Snacks ( Charles ) Chips/Pretzels delivered to your front or back door...with a phone call.

History Note:

A Wishniak is a cordial, made in Russia and Eastern Europe, that consists of sugar, cherries and vodka.

Ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

Boy, do I remember "Franks Soda's". Back then, it was a Philadelphia tradition/staple. I was partial to their Orange flavored sodas, with the little pieces of orange pulp in it. Growing up in Philly, you drank "Franks and RC Cola", because RC was cheaper than Coke or Pepsi!

309380_10151197980277689_1331416817_n.jpg
RC_Cola_8pk.jpg

Back