What did you have for dinner last night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I had Chili Colorado !..................
o.jpg

cookies-and-milk.jpg

The wife flew back in yesterday. Picked her up at 1330 and went to an early supper at Cracker Barrel (her favorite). she had a veggie plate and I had the Country fried steak.

Its a cold, wet day ....TIME FOR SOUP

Made me an pot of veggie/beef. Used a sirlion with diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, various spices and some beef broth. simmered for about 3 hours to get the veggies cooked. Had some for lunch, GOOD BATCH. For supper will throw in some cabbage as it reheats.

The wife made herself some Broccli/Cheddar cheese soup. also an iron skillet of yeast rolls.

will last a couple of days

I want to build a fire and cook hotdogs, beans(open can and place on rock close to fire), and marshmallows!

I don't know wife wants to go to cracker barrel

The largest size chocolate malt from Braum's. I made it last 1-1/2 hours during my drive home from OKC.

98B5F21A-BD94-4436-ADCD-41D054F792EB.jpeg
Tonight we had a tossed salad, broiled salmon, shrimp scampi and sautéed Brussels sprouts. It was pretty darned good.

Gourmet Armour Vienna Sausage original flavor (mashed just prior to eating), with a Werther's soft center candy for dessert (I ate it first), served on a Corelle plate with a fork by Onieda, chased by Coke in a glass and lukewarm water in a glass (water not seen in photo), with warm Morton sea salt / well water rinse in the "ITS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD" coffee cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to a tapas bar with some friends. It was great! So much yummy goodness to choose from.

I had to look up "Tapas". I was unfamiliar with it.

"A tapa is an appetizer or snack in Spanish cuisine. It may be cold or hot. In select bars in Spain, tapas have evolved into an entire, sophisticated cuisine. Wikipedia"

I am having homemade chili tonight with Walmart bakery lemon creme cake for dessert along with warm mik to wash it all down.

Nothing. I had to work till 11:30 last night. I'm about ready for breakfast though.

Bone in Pork chops, fried to a golden brown. Baked Sweet Potato done to prefection in the cooker, the skin peels right off and then mashed with a LOT of butter and pepper, a salad, Ice Tea.

Tonight its Cabbage Rolls. Ground beef and pork with a lot of spices. Head of cabbage cored and into a big pot of very hot water, not boiling, until the leaves start to seperate. veins of the leaves removed to make them roll up easier. Depending on the leave size a portion of meat mixture and rolled twice with two leaves, secured with a tooth pick. A layer of sauce in the bottom of the cooker, add layers of cabbage rolls, cover with rest of sauce. Add remainder of cabbage diced up into big hunks. Sauce of diced tomatoe onion and more spices. Served over mashed taters. In the big slow cooker on low for about 6-8 hours.

Hahahahahaha! That is what I fixed for the wife and I last night!

When I make Ramen Noodle soup, I make a double batch, using two packages and 4 cups of water. I add a 12.5 oz. can of chunked beef (Costco), a 14 oz. can of green beans, and I substitute 2 -3 teaspoons of Wylers beef bullion crystals for one of the Ramen flavor packets.

The same recipe works for Chicken flavor Ramen noodles, if you substitute a 12.5 oz. can of chunked chicken breast and Wylers Chicken bullion crystals.

YUMMY!!

Latest posts

Back