What Every American Should Know about Washington DC and who owns it

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I remember discussing this topic in high school a lonnnnnng time ago. As I recall, it was a very convoluted discussion and I was left confused by it. I'm sure I just memorized what I needed to in order to do well on the test. However, I do remember my confusion regarding Wash DC. Now, I don't think that confusion was by accident.

It's a short article.......

What Every American Should Know about Washington DC and who owns it
https://www.theafricandream.net/what-every-american-should-know-about-washington-dc-and-who-owns-it/

" Who owns Washington DC? London, The District of Columbia and the Vatican. "

Wow, just wow!
Kinda makes one wonder about all the National Guard soldiers desending on the capital in January along with the fences around the capital building, no? And, WHY would our nations capital be located on a piece of land that is not a part of our nation? Why would Americans give up this piece of land to people they were trying to distance themselves from in the first place? Think about who is in charge of those 3 entities listed above. Do they control what happens in DC? Is that the reason our politicians have sold 'We the People' out for decades? Was that the plan from the very start? And......why doesn't anyone in the MSM or congress talk about this?

None of it makes any sense, so I suspect there are nefarious things happening in those shadows.:mad:

Things that make you go hmmmmm..........

Kinda makes one wonder about all the National Guard soldiers desending on the capital in January along with the fences around the capital building, no? And, WHY would our nations capital be located on a piece of land that is not a part of our nation? Why would Americans give up this piece of land to people they were trying to distance themselves from in the first place? Think about who is in charge of those 3 entities listed above. Do they control what happens in DC? Is that the reason our politicians have sold 'We the People' out for decades? Was that the plan from the very start? And......why doesn't anyone in the MSM or congress talk about this?

None of it makes any sense, so I suspect there are nefarious things happening in those shadows.:mad:

Things that make you go hmmmmm..........
All this time and they are not advertising it, are they? Our money is not controlled by the U.S. government. These are things that will allow us to be easily thrown over, or whatever rights we thought we had, taken away. I remember that the US capitol was in Philadelphia originally. Why was it moved?

Just got around to reading this article. I wasn't aware of the 1794 treaty, but the other stuff I knew about. The 1871 and 1913 parts most certainly has taken over the country. And yes that is why it was never taught in History. I'd bet History books printers are British owned.

Just got around to reading this article. I wasn't aware of the 1794 treaty, but the other stuff I knew about. The 1871 and 1913 parts most certainly has taken over the country. And yes that is why it was never taught in History. I'd bet History books printers are British owned.

I can't imagine why George Washington named Washingtonb DC in honor of Christopher Columbus?

https://www.britannica.com/place/Washington-DC/History

The new federal territory was named District of Columbia to honour explorer Christopher Columbus, and the new federal city was named for George Washington. In 1790 French-born American engineer and designer Pierre Charles L’Enfant was chosen to plan the new capital city; meanwhile, surveyor Andrew Ellicott surveyed the 100-square-mile (260-square-km) territory with the assistance of Benjamin Banneker, a self-educated free Black man. The territory surveyed by Ellicott was ceded by Maryland, a slave state, and Virginia, the Southern state with the largest slave population, thus contributing to a significant Black presence in Washington.
Construction of the Capitol building, the presidential palace (now the White House), and several other government buildings was almost complete when Congress moved from Philadelphia to Washington in December 1800. There were, however, few finished dwellings and even fewer amenities in Washington at the time, making the first several years rather unpleasant for the new residents. In 1812 the United States declared war against Great Britain (see War of 1812), and two years later the British invaded the vulnerable capital city, setting fire to federal buildings. Structural damage was extensive, and the morale of the local citizens sank. By 1817, however, a newly reconstructed White House welcomed Pres. James Monroe (served 1817–25), and Congress reconvened in the newly built Capitol in 1819, after having spent five years in the temporary Old Brick Capitol Building, which had been erected on the site of the present-day Supreme Court Building.
Capitol prior to 1814 burning
Capitol prior to 1814 burning

The Capitol, Washington, D.C., as seen from Pennsylvania Avenue before it was burned by the British in 1814.
Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.

Growth and change
Between 1830 and 1865 tremendous changes occurred in Washington, beginning with the arrival of Pres. Andrew Jackson (served 1829–37), who brought with him a retinue of new civil servants—beneficiaries of the “spoils system” who introduced democratizing social changes to the workplace and the community. Challenges were plentiful: the local economy was unstable; silt in the Potomac River restricted navigation; the construction of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal was delayed; and epidemics were common. When railroads reached the city in the 1830s, a flood of tourists came with them, as did a proliferation of congressional spouses, who forever changed Washington’s social scene. Major construction projects for three federal buildings located just blocks apart in Downtown Washington (the Department of the Treasury, the General Post Office, and the Patent Office [the last is now part of the Smithsonian Institution]) also began in the 1830s.
assassination of Abraham Lincoln
assassination of Abraham Lincoln

The assassination of U.S. Pres. Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth, April 14, 1865, lithograph by Currier & Ives.
Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. (digital file no. 3b49830u)
During the American Civil War, the city was never far from the front lines, if only because Richmond, Virginia, the Confederate capital, was so close. Following the assassination of Pres. Abraham Lincoln at Ford’s Theatre just days after the war’s end, Washington was plunged into a state of unprecedented desperation and despair.
In the years following the Civil War, the capital was slowly transformed into a showplace. Two factors contributed to this change. First, in 1871 self-government was granted for the first time to Washingtonians. Under the new territorial government, which lasted just three years, numerous city improvement projects were undertaken: modern schools and markets were erected, streets were paved, outdoor lighting was installed, sewers were built, and more than 50,000 trees were planted. The price for these improvements, however, was far more than Congress had anticipated. The new territorial government was short-lived, but Congress was required to complete the projects. Second, beginning in the 1880s, a number of newcomers arrived in Washington from across the country. Many of them were affluent intellectuals and lobbyists. This new “elite” made Washington their part-time home during the winter social season. Members of the old Washington society became known as “Cave Dwellers,” a local term for descendants of the original families of the area. They generally still keep within their own social circles.
Washington’s character improved significantly with the completion of the Washington Monument in 1884, the Library of Congress in 1897, and, beginning in the late 1890s, the proliferation of social organizations, private clubs, and formal societies for the arts. In 1901 the Senate Park Commission (also known as the McMillan Commission) offered comprehensive and resolute recommendations for revitalizing and beautifying Washington, advocating that no undertaking “be allowed to invade, to mutilate, or to mar the symmetry, simplicity, and dignity of the capital city.” The new plans were stunning, but years would pass before any of them could be realized.
Library of Congress: ceiling of the Great Hall
Library of Congress: ceiling of the Great Hall

Ceiling of the Great Hall in the Thomas Jefferson Building, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Kunalm

I can't imagine why we would honor a nation we had a war with over the new land.

Maybe the King in England at the time wanted to have a narion to build up a huge militay seperate from their own lands? I don't know why they would .

Canada like the USA is a corporation, so is all the citizens, we are owned, not free men.
JFK was going to shut Federal Reserve, but he was shot before he could do so.

Canada like the USA is a corporation, so is all the citizens, we are owned, not free men.
JFK was going to shut Federal Reserve, but he was shot before he could do so.

Him ans Eisenhower both tried to warn us. Like you said the yshot Kennedy before he could give his speech.I don't think Eisenhower forgave hinself for him ,Patton and GenMacArthur attck on these WW1 vets in 1932.

Every now and the nour wonderful vets do things under orders they don't want to do, this was just one of those times.

Back