What homesteading and/or country living topics?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some rhubarb kombucha once. Oh, it was so bitter. Do you add lots of sugar to your rhubarb juice?

We have rhubarb coming out of our ears. It's one of the most invasive plants I have ever seen. My wife loves it, but I don't care for it without additives. My wife does make a good kombucha for it, but I don't know what magic she puts in it. My guess is honey, but its only a guess.

We have rhubarb coming out of our ears. It's one of the most invasive plants I have ever seen. My wife loves it, but I don't care for it without additives. My wife does make a good kombucha for it, but I don't know what magic she puts in it. My guess is honey, but its only a guess.
It does take a lot of sweeteners in order for me to get it down--sugar or honey. I planted some a few years ago. I wish mine would get more invasive!

No. I add a bit to water. I like lemons straight up as well, but they are a luxury item. I have never seen a rhubarb crop failure and its every where in mass quantities.

Dehydrated rhubarb chunks dusted in sugar make a pretty good sour candy as well. Saliva production is pretty helpful in hot weather and a few nibbles of that will stave off the need to swill water at the wrong time.

My all time favorite is rhubarb cake. Thats where the sugar really ends up.

Latest posts

Back