What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started another quilt myself. Asked Hunny last night what color he thought my border should be? He tells me Navy Blue. o_O šŸ¤£ The quilt is a "Bee Theme" with colors being black, yellows/gold and greens. Never ask my Hunny about colors.
Most men, but not all will almost always say Navy Blue.
To them that is a safe color.
Make a miniature block and do one border in Navy Blue so that he feels like he contributed to the quilt.
This is what I do on occasion then I take all those miniature blocks and make into doll or baby quilts for grand children.
Yes, it is a pain in the but, but this way he has contributed too.

Finally finished the quilting on my forever quilt and itā€™s trimmed and the binding will hopefully be put on tomorrow. Now onto my next UFO. šŸ˜‚. And you thought I was gonna run out-haha. Piecing this by hand- those are 1ā€ diamonds and 4ā€ hexies. Then will quilt it by hand also but have another quilt on the frame so will get rolling on that. It should go a little quicker- all straight lines.
IMG_6974.jpeg

My wife is almost done making her maple leaf blocks. She's having a heck of time arranging them, on the living room floor, so the colors are evenly distributed throughout the quilt. I can't remember, but I think she told me that each 8" block was made of 17 pieces.
1712586068545.jpeg

My wife is almost done making her maple leaf blocks. She's having a heck of time arranging them, on the living room floor, so the colors are evenly distributed throughout the quilt. I can't remember, but I think she told me that each 8" block was made of 17 pieces.
View attachment 127894
I'd say 17 was correct. That takes a lot of peicing and she did a really good job so be proud. That is a nice layout she chose.

View attachment 127894
Beautiful work!

Latest posts

Back