What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is about seeing , quilting,
But, I just thought all of you would enjoy this .

A cake made for a special person that sews
Ain't that cool?
FB_IMG_1582050757177.jpg

Jim

I know this is about seeing , quilting,
But, I just thought all of you would enjoy this .

A cake made for a special person that sews
Ain't that cool?
View attachment 35194

Jim
That's beautiful- but not something that looks like it should be eaten.

I'm working on a quilt now.. just finished quilting it, and will put binding on today & tommorw.. will post a picture when it's done.. I'm back in AZ at our mining claim.. My husband set up a screened in porch with solar panels for electricity that I use as my quilting room.. I love it here! The Saguaros are starting to get blooms as are the rest of the cactus.. Beautiful!

@LadyLocust ,
I just walked over and captured her hand quilting that last baby quilt I showed

You can get an idea of her method.
She has had to change her methods over the years due to her RA continuing to cripple her hands.
She runs 2-3-5 stitches then pulls the thread thru, she has to bring the needle up and hold it with her mouth to reposition the needle in her hand. That's due to RA.
It's hard to see ,due to the bright light she has.
:thumbs:

Jim

What talent, she sure doesn't let RA get in her way. Nice manicure too.

She is making several of the baby quilts for great grand babies that , most likely, we won't live to see.
My oldest grand son is 18.

Jim
You know my grandmother felt the same way.
But she had 11 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren and 20 great great grand children when she passed.
Since then 10-15 more great great grand children have been added.
So don't think you won't have great grand babies to cuddle, spoil, because the Good Lord might surprise you and your beautiful wife. My grandmother (Gram) was 93 when she passed.
Now I carry on the traditions of making quilts, cross stitched birth announcements for the future generations.

Latest posts

Back