What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished block 6 of twin size cross stitch quilt to be for Christmas.
Will put the sashing strips and border on tomorrow.
Hopefully will get the batting and backing pinned on by the weekend.
Then will do something like Mrs. phideaux to hold it all together.
Then the binding.

Pics ?

Jim

Posting for @MoBookworm1957 Beautiful? !!!
Jackie 2 (2).jpg
Jackie 5 (2).jpg

I couldn't make them bigger - sorry.

I'm not a quilter but my wife is. Hope it's okay to share her work with you.

Here's her latest (fresh from the wash), made out of denim from old jeans and left over scraps and squares from other projects.

View attachment 40367
First of all , I'm not a quilter but I show my wife's handywork here all the time.

Second I'm sure everyone would love to see your wife's quilt...
But there is no picture for me.
Maybe try posting a pic again .

Jim

I'm not a quilter but my wife is. Hope it's okay to share her work with you.

Here's her latest (fresh from the wash), made out of denim from old jeans and left over scraps and squares from other projects.

View attachment 40367

Very nice quilt Fireman but take the link off and just tell us to click on picture ,that worked for me,not the link.

@phideaux Jim, you mentioned Mrs. finished- picture? 😁

She did put it aside for awhile ,
She finished it this week, laundry yesterday, just got it dried off the rack .

You really have to spread
/enlarge it to see the detail work. I counted the stitches :rolleyes:..yeah right, must be a couple bazillion.
IMG_20200510_092301468.jpg
IMG_20200510_092508850.jpg

Jim

She did put it aside for awhile ,
She finished it this week, laundry yesterday, just got it dried off the rack .

You really have to spread
/enlarge it to see the detail work. I counted the stitches :rolleyes:..yeah right, must be a couple bazillion.
View attachment 41831View attachment 41832
Jim
Your wife does such beautiful work that I envy and I KNOW she does all this by hand!! It just amazes me on how accurate her stitching is. I could only wish. . . that is true craftsmanship and a true artisan!! I rely on my machine and my color choices to make nice looking quilts.

Think I am on block 24 of 63 quilting my first quilt from 25+ years ago.
Took a wee bit o' time to quilt a block for a donation - to be raffle quilt fund raiser. Nearly finished then will attempt to take a pix.

Had to take another break from my quilt I’ve been working on because some young friends are expecting their first baby in September. Got a baby quilt made and am quilting on it. Binding is cut and sewn so I just need to keep quilting 😁 then will get back to my quilt. Think it’s past the halfway point. Here’s the baby quilt.
2F532C20-547B-46E6-80E7-30A24871FC18.jpeg
CFF02ABC-9BB6-463B-8C39-D73380EBA4CB.jpeg

Had to take another break from my quilt I’ve been working on because some young friends are expecting their first baby in September. Got a baby quilt made and am quilting on it. Binding is cut and sewn so I just need to keep quilting 😁 then will get back to my quilt. Think it’s past the halfway point. Here’s the baby quilt. View attachment 46373View attachment 46374
Very nice

Latest posts

Back