What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double R, Love that quilt. I just finished a smaller one with that similar pattern but I made it a rag quilt. Liked it so much, I'm going to keep it.
That’s awesome! I just made my first rag quilt. Funky size because my tester is for the top bunk in our travel trailer. Will make a few more for christmas at the least.

image.jpg

Well, I just finished my first quilt!! Perfect size to use as a lap quilt in my wheelchair. I took a class at a local quilting store, and learned so much! I have to admit - I am now hooked on quilting! :D

View attachment 52093
Congratulations!
Now we have another quilter in our mist.
Which pattern did you chose?
Have you started laying out your next quilt yet?

Congratulations!
Now we have another quilter in our mist.
Which pattern did you chose?
Have you started laying out your next quilt yet?
Thanks, Mo!
The pattern was a version of courthouse steps- cut and rotated. I have started my next one- called chain link, I am doing it in shades of lavender and purple, with some bright yellow thrown in. This one will be queen sized. When I have it pieced, I'll post a picture.

Well, I just finished my first quilt!! Perfect size to use as a lap quilt in my wheelchair. I took a class at a local quilting store, and learned so much! I have to admit - I am now hooked on quilting! :D

View attachment 52093

Very nice Doc ,:thumbs: and btw although I complain abour doctors I don't mean it for most of you nurses and dr.s. I know this past pandemic has been hell on all of you and even if you retired a little while back you still got your share of this pandemic stress and your another one of my heros as are most of the medical field.And it is especially hard on yall now a days.:huggs:. I just had soem bad luck with a few past year.

I have been working on this quilt for the last couple days. A co-worker had asked me to make a quilt out of her boyfriends Crown Royal bags to give him as a Christmas present. I have never made a quilt to sell. How much do you normally charge for a crib size? This one is 51" x43". All I have left to do is put binding around and it will be done. I stitched around all the plaid squares leaving the brown alone so they "pop" out. The yellow has a decorative leaf stitching and the outer boarder has the "squiggle " quilting. Sorry don't know technical names.
IMG_20201028_073657.jpg

I have been working on this quilt for the last couple days. A co-worker had asked me to make a quilt out of her boyfriends Crown Royal bags to give him as a Christmas present. I have never made a quilt to sell. How much do you normally charge for a crib size? This one is 51" x43". All I have left to do is put binding around and it will be done. I stitched around all the plaid squares leaving the brown alone so they "pop" out. The yellow has a decorative leaf stitching and the outer boarder has the "squiggle " quilting. Sorry don't know technical names.View attachment 52520
Very nice quilt. As far as selling your quilts, look around and see what they are going for on craigslist, etc in your area. Prices are all over the place. my area, it isnt even worth it. Cant make enough to pay for the material let alone my time. Other friends I have in other areas, they make a nice profit from them.

I have been working on this quilt for the last couple days. A co-worker had asked me to make a quilt out of her boyfriends Crown Royal bags to give him as a Christmas present. I have never made a quilt to sell. How much do you normally charge for a crib size? This one is 51" x43". All I have left to do is put binding around and it will be done. I stitched around all the plaid squares leaving the brown alone so they "pop" out. The yellow has a decorative leaf stitching and the outer boarder has the "squiggle " quilting. Sorry don't know technical names.View attachment 52520
Very nice! That is a lot of Crown Royal!

I grew up doing the Stroll,Jitterbug,Twist etc.
Been humming the song yesterday while rocking grand daughter to sleep yesterday.

What? So did I although I was really young teen on those still did them watching American Bandstand. Teen dances we did The Jerk, The Swim, James Brown,forgot the others.

Back