What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent over an hour trying to load just 1 photo of the final quilt.
056A2C68-08F2-4353-9E78-E4666455A6A6.jpeg
056A2C68-08F2-4353-9E78-E4666455A6A6.jpeg
86A4541F-05D8-46C0-8C55-F2FBA8852AD7.jpeg

Thank you. When I asked about nursery colors, Mom told me she wanted to make it her Wedding colors, which was white and wheat. Very neutral colored so I did add in the blue but did try to "tame" it down with the blue/wheat plaid. I do hope she likes it too. Baby is due April 23rd.

Thank you. When I asked about nursery colors, Mom told me she wanted to make it her Wedding colors, which was white and wheat. Very neutral colored so I did add in the blue but did try to "tame" it down with the blue/wheat plaid. I do hope she likes it too. Baby is due April 23rd.
The colors are calm, will go with anything! The pattern is awesome! I think she'll LOVE it!!

I just finished this topper last night. I started it in the crazy days right after my husband passed away - I needed something to keep me focused and productive. I'm calling it "First Winter". The fabric is from Moda's "Blizzard Blues" line, and the pattern is called "Snowflake." The white actually has a metallic silver pattern in it. I'm taking it to the longarmer's this morning to be quilted, and I hope to use a snowflake pattern with silver thread.

First Winter.jpg

Beeeeuuuuttttiiffuullll! Do you machine or hand quilt?
Thank you! I have very limited time so when I make quilts it is always done on a machine. I had 9 days vacation so spent most of my time working on this one. I gave son 3 a little onesie that I have had stashed for years now that I bought real cheap for $1. A little green onesie that said "Women keep picking me up". . 🤣 He had the biggest grin on his face!! His poor wife is working 7 days straight right now with some very long 10 hour days. I hope she gets a kick out of it too when she gets home from work tonight.

Last edited:
Here's another one I made. I wanted to do a celebration quilt to honor my husband and our life together, but I didn't want to do something serious or sad, because that's not how our life was. We had a long-standing joke about flamingos, so I decided to tell our story in flamingos! It took a blue ribbon at our quilt show last week. The quilt is called Love Story.
1691906027096.jpeg

Some of my most prized possessions are my quilts lol, I have feed sack quilts from the 30s my great grandmother made, some she made with Mama, some I made with Mama lol, my daughter's baby quilt, and each one has a story and memories attached, like the grandma's flower garden I made by hand, with help from my husband eventually lol it was hilarious but a memory I cherish just like that quilt

Latest posts

Back