What is a cow ...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Andi

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was ask that question yesterday... From a highly educated man and then he had the nerve to call me stupid not once ,not twice but three times.

Yes, this is a rant but come on ... I didn't have to ask the difference between a cow, steer or bull.

After turning my farm into an LLC, I wanted to make sure all my "i's" were dotted and "t's" crossed.(I thought it was the smart thing to do) ~ silly me ~

But I never made it that far with this guy and got up and walk out of his office. I'm not sure if he was didn't agree with a woman running a farm or he was a vegetarian. Whatever it was I need to start over again Monday. ~UGH~

He was rude from the start ... Which did toss me for a loop.
I did want to tell him as I left his office that I might slip on his perfect rug ... and may be able to sue him.. :eyeballs:

I have done my homework... I know people may take you to court over nothing (been there and done that) ~Yes, We was taking to court over our cows and their bells and won...
I also wanted to tell him ,if he could not win a cases against a person that ate raw ground burger 5 days old ... I needed to go else where.

Last edited:
I have all my paperwork done, I just need/want to have someone look over it and make sure I didn't miss anything. I think I will check with my bank tomorrow and see if she knows of a country attorney. Someone that will look over paperwork and tell me if I overlooked anything.

As simple as that sounds ... It has been one thing after another.

It's a good idea to establish an LLC. Believe it or not, the book "LLC for Dummies" is a good one.
We set up our school as an LLC that purchased the land the school is built on. Our company is an S corp, so our school name has Inc after it.
This limits our liability. If we were to be sued, a person would have to sue our LLC first, then the corporation, then us. I am president of one, and vice president of the other. The Corporation rents the land from the LLC. All our LLC is is a landpurchaser

Found my country attorney ... Paperwork all checks out! :D (Even got the meat handling license after 12 weeks)

Now down to the new insurance agent ... Nice guy, which is good... paperwork all fill out ... All that is left is the farm visit, which was today and we had a "miss communication". (sigh)

We told him we was doing new siding on the house, no problem there but because they have not finished the job yet ... we have to wait till they finish.

Maybe ... next week. :confused:

It’s not just farms they don’t understand. We had a nightmare trying to get coverage for our little B&B, shuffled from office to office, department to department none of them having a clue. After many meetings, phone calls and emails, photos of our place, background checks, liscencing checks and more they came back with a policy that would cost three months revenue a year and would have been appropriate for an operation 10-20 times our size. It was back to the drawing board and we found an agent and insurance company that had a clue. Took 48 houses to do the add on rider to our home coverage.

Latest posts

Back